QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does anyone else get a blackscreen with the latest master demo?

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome! Will switch to the new QMovement when I get the chance.

Thanks for the hard work, Quxios. It's real top quality work. As soon as I get out of my financial problems I'll be sure to support your work on MV.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Kest did you try it with the recently updated repo? I tested it with that version and ran fine for me.
Yea, dunno what the problem is. I have both your latest demo and MV 1.3.5

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the Collision map plugin, is there a reason <cm=FILENAME> is now using a ":" instead of an "="?
I changed it in line 125 so my 150 maps using the equals sign would work.
Does using "=" cause some problems?

Also I'm running into random collisions.
Using only plugins: Qplus and QMovement, create new map, walk around, bump into invisible object, then after a while crashes with this error.

Attachments

Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZcheK Nope using = is fine. I had just changed the original to use : or =, but started leaving out being able to use =. Since using <cm:filename> just matched all the other notetags. So when making the new plugin, I left out the = part assuming no one was using = anyways.

That's odd. They might be vehicles. If you can, try to recreate it in an empty project, and send it over. Or if you're comfortable with JS and want to try debug it your self, then move the player over those colliders and use these functions in the console.
Code:
// Gets any character classes near the player
ColliderManager.getCharactersNear($gamePlayer.collider('bounds'));
// Gets any non character classes, pure colliders ( like tiles ) near the player
ColliderManager.getCollidersNear($gamePlayer.collider('bounds'));
Then look through the output to see whats unusual

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think it's the vehicles.
New Project - New map - Remove Followers- enable Qplus/Qmovement - Player can't walk on top left square - assign vehicles to middle of map - create another map - player can't walk where the vehicles were on previous map.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZcheK Yeah I think so if they're on 0, 0 when not assigned to any map. I'll have that fixed in next patch. I've also found a bug. After saving, you can't move until you close / reopen the game.

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using Aramis Sprite zoom to change the player's size depending on depth, but it doesn't seem to work with Q or Quasi Pathfind.
Are you still developing your depths plugin?

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZcheK For the depths, I have the Y Scaling plugin nearly ready (codes been complete for like 2 months, just too lazy to write the help). But the height depth I won't be making / working on.

EyesUnclouded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
First off, nice work on the plugins!

I was wondering if there already was a function in your movement plugin that checks for collisions? Like a function that gets two events or the actor and an event as parameters and returns true if they are colliding. Something like this would really help me with implementing a very simple ABS in my project.

Thanks for the help!

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EyesUnclouded Yup, similar to a reply a couple of msgs back:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/qplugins-latest-qmovement.73023/page-5#post-710452
You would use that function inside ColliderManager.

That functions accepts 2 parameters; A collider as the first, and a function as the 2nd. Character objects are passed into the function, if the function returns true that character is kept, if it returns false that character is ignored, if it returns 'break' it'll stop looking for characters ( this is useful if you only need to check for a single collision, if a collision is found no need to continue checking other characters)

Here's an example from the collision checking for characters:

Code:
    var collider = this.collider(type);
    var collided = false;
    ColliderManager.getCharactersNear(collider, (function(chara) {
      if (chara.isThrough() || chara === this || !chara.isNormalPriority()) {
        return false;
      }
      if (this.ignoreCharacters(type).contains(chara.charaId())) {
        return false;
      }
      collided = chara.collider('collision').intersects(collider);
      if (collided) return 'break';
    }).bind(this));
    return collided;
(From Game_CharacterBase.prototype.collideWithCharacter)
* Note that function returns an array of all the characters that it found.

Here's another example of getting all events that intersect a passed in collider:

Code:
      var events = ColliderManager.getCharactersNear(collider, function(chara) {
        if (chara.constructor === Game_Event && !chara._erased) {
          return chara.collider('interaction').intersects(collider);
        }
        return false;
      })
(From Game_Player.prototype.startMapEvent )

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting a game reloading crash.

I'm using your Master Demo, downloaded from here:
https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo

I then created a new project, copied all the files from that new game, to fill in the holes on the Master Demo.
The only thing I changed to the Demo was adding a guy who when talked to brings up the save menu, and I turned off quick testing in the QPlus file.

I am using 1.3.5.

When I reloaded a save file, the game crashed. I get these error reports.

TypeError: Cannot read property '17' of undefined
at Function.ColliderManager.getCollidersNear (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:984)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.collideWithTile (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1508)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.collisionCheck (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1489)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.collisionCheck (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QM+CollisionMap.js:320)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.canPixelPass (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1443)
at Game_Event.moveTypeRandom (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2575)
at Game_Event.updateSelfMovement (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2553)
at Game_Event.updateStop (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2544)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.update (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1621)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.update (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QSprite.js:418)

Then the game reloaded fine the next few times. Then, after the loading was working, I saved again, then got this mostly similar error that said "19" instead of "17" for newer reloads.

TypeError: Cannot read property '19' of undefined
at Function.ColliderManager.getCollidersNear (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:984)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.collideWithTile (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1508)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.collisionCheck (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1489)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.collisionCheck (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QM+CollisionMap.js:320)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.canPixelPass (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1443)
at Game_Event.moveTypeRandom (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2575)
at Game_Event.updateSelfMovement (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2553)
at Game_Event.updateStop (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2544)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.update (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QMovement.js:1621)
at Game_Event.Game_CharacterBase.update (/C:/Users/Brian/Documents/Games/QMV-Master-Demo-master/js/plugins/QSprite.js:418)

And so on, make new saves, get the same errors, but with a new number.

Don't know what the error really is. Something with collisions?

What REALLY confuses me is why it reloaded those few times, but not any other time. Like... that is bizarre.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheTitan99 Thanks for reporting. I think that's probably related to the current save bug I found a few days back. It was suppose to be fixed in the initial version, but I forgot to add that file into the build list. The issue is that when you load a game it should reload the collidermanager, but since I forgot to add the functions dealing with loading, it doesn't happen. So it tries to load a grid (so 19 or 17 would be x or y positions) but since that grid is empty (since it hasn't reloaded), it crashes.
But I'll do a few more tests to be sure its all fixed. Update should be in a few days.

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updates
QMovement 1.0.2
  • Fixed some bug with circle colliders
  • Fixed the default player / event collider config not being used
  • + couple of other stuff

QPathfind 1.0.1
  • Small change on restarting pathfinds. Don't remember what it was for, if I finished the fix. But think it was related to QMovement compatibility
New Plugin
QM+CollisionMap - v1.0.x
Download - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QM+CollisionMap.js
This is an addon to QMovement plugin. This addon adds a feature that lets you use images as a collision map.
Main difference from old version is that: white and transparent colors are now passable, all other colors are impassable. I made it this way because have "precise" colors can cause issues. For example, I have my monitor calibrated and have my gamma value changed. So if I make an image thats pure #FF0000, all red, and load it into MV and check the pixel color I'll get something like #FF0302 instead of #FF0000 because the gamma correction was applied when the png is being decoded. So only black, white and transparent are accurate colors. For this reason I won't be bringing back region maps since that requires exact colors.

The demo has also been updated.
That's too bad you about the region map part, as this is something I also really need from your old plugins. I'm confused as to how changing the gamma could affect how the game sees the colour at a code level? I set my monitor colours to something crazy just now, and your old region plugin still works. How could other editors, like Adventure Game Studio, not have this gamma messing up colour region detection problem, if this were the case?

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZcheK Well I searched online and found that the color change is done by the browser when its loading the image files. And that lead me to answers saying I would have to manually decode images, or use some decoder like https://github.com/arian/pngjs to get the true/real values. As for the other editors, like I said this is down by the browser (when playing locally it creates a chrome browser). Not sure if those other engines also do that, if they then it might just be an issue with the chromium mv uses.

Kirika

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
na
Primarily Uses
N/A
I got a little issue with qaudio - you might know a solution or at least can tell me of its origin
i got two events on map

one aoutorun event:
plugin command: qAudio start Tavern1 bgm loop radius30 max50 bindToE97
erase event

second(e97 in this case) - just empty event that alway there

when i enter map it's all ok - sound is there but,
i save game, then reset game(f5) and load the save = no sound
i close game completely then open again, load game = no sound
but if i make any slightest changes in my project(evan enough to just save project) then load that save and as result sound is back to place where its must be...

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kirika Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it! Though I'm a bit busy these days, so might take a week or 2.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kousuke-shii