QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They probably aren't compatible. There is a Qplugin that is compatible with QMovement, that achieves the same effects as Galv's plugin. It's called QSprite.

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to increase the event collider using Qmovement, but to no avail.
The screenshots show what I'm doing. What am I missing?

Attachments

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yilou its actually a bit different, the ID is simply for you to remember its not the actual event ID.
1591275540645.png

Then in the event you want to use the collider for, use the notetag

Code:
<collider: preset, basic> // See how I use the id "basic"

Attachments

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know of a good plugin to use with QParams in order to display new parameters?

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did any of you managed to set region coliders ? I can't get to know how to setup this
{
"REGION ID 1": [
{"width": w, "height": h, "ox": ox value, "oy": oy value, "tag": "value"}
],
"REGION ID 2": [
{"width": w, "height": h, "ox": value, "oy": value},
{"width": w, "height": h, "ox": value, "oy": value}
]
}

obesebear

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate to be that guy, but I've searched and googled and can't find an answer.
I'm using the latest QPlus, Qmovement, QSprite, and QM+collision map. In that order. My issue is with QSprite. I can assign it to my player character and it works wonderfully. My problem comes when I try to use a QSprite sheet as an event. When I tell the event to move, it will successfully display my sprite, but reverts to using the original frames. So even though I have a QSprite sheet set up to move2 (0,1,2,3) the game displays it in the original (0,1,2,1,0) format (or however the game originally uses those 3 frames.

Any advice?

EDIT: I also have YEP core engine and YEP message core, though I can't imagine those are interfering. Seems more likely that I'm just missing something...

SOLVED: I fixed this by opening the event image and selecting a different part of the sprite sheet (since it's still expecting MV's spritesheet. If the sheet was a grid, the default location was in 2,2. By moving it to the first column, everything animates as it should now!

Last edited:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have an event that is running on parallel process projecting audio for a moving event ID 1
Code:
qAudio start Train se radius25 max60 bindToEvent1 loop
erase event (used to prevent it looping a thousand times over itself)

page 2:
Code:
qAudio stop 1
nothing happens.
[qAudiofadeout10:] nothing happens.

I might be reading the help file wrong.

VTDraws

Filthy Point-&-Click casual
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm having a strange problem, the qAudio save command isn't being recognized, and brings up this error:
1593424600476.png

This is my list of plugins:
1593424658590.png

I'm trying to do a 'cover ears' game mechanic where the player holds down a button [picture], and it fades out all the sound around them. When they release the button, sound returns to normal.
When I use a Master Volume control OR I use the Audio Fader plugin I have, the directional qAudio sounds don't get quieter. So I thought I'd use the 'qAudio save', 'qAudio clear' and then when the button is released, 'qAudio restore', but it's not even accepting 'qAudio save'. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks for the help in advance.

CombatJazz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i'm trying to work with qmovement in order to split my 48x48 RTP tileset into 4x the amount of 24x24 tiles, but only on the worldmap. it works okay-ish! however, i have a pretty befuddling issue that i feel like i'd be able to solve but i don't understand what i'm doing.

2020-08-01 00_04_33-The Armory Game.png

in order to divvy up the collision (and thus the tiles) into NEAT PERFECT QUARTERS the way i like it, i have to set the Y offset to 30 and the X offset to 24. Okay, that's fine, but as you can see with that 3rd quadrant slice, that puts the collision box squarely in the right half of the actor.

2020-08-01 00_06_15-The Armory Game.png
and thus I can clip into the walls, whee!

so if i wanted to make it centered, like thus:
2020-08-01 00_08_40-The Armory Game.png
with an offset of 12, it puts the collision box on my actor BUT it doesn't let them bounce around in those delightful corners! it just consigns them to the middle of the tile!

i'm pulling my hair out over this, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. How can i a: center the collision box on my shrunken sprite (using yanfly sprite scaling to turn him 24x24 on the map screen) and b: ALSO get him in all those delightful corners?

Many thanks in advance

chrrsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does QSprite still work on the latest RPG Maker MV version? It isn't working for me and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

ImaginaryVillain

One With The Particle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works great, perhaps you should post screenshots of how you're using it so we can see where you're going wrong.

chrrsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see what I was doing wrong now, I had assumed that you weren't forced to assign a specific config to a character, but i see what I did wrong now, I have to make one big spritesheet for all of my character's moves. Thanks for replying though!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CombatJazz I'm not sure if you can set the movement size only for one map...
Does it work fine without using yanfly's sprite scaling? that could also be the problem, incompatibility

CombatJazz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CombatJazz I'm not sure if you can set the movement size only for one map...
Does it work fine without using yanfly's sprite scaling? that could also be the problem, incompatibility
Tried instead just having a resized 24x24 sprite sheet instead of using the sprite scaling to the same results, unfortunately.

EDIT: I think what I'd need to do is have 36x24 sprites with 12 pixels of transparency to the left in order to offset it correctly, but making that is going to be a Pain.

Last edited:

chrrsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How could one go about making a skill for the player in QABS that fully blocks any damage from a certain direction, like in 2D Zelda? Is this possible?

flechajm

John Arrow
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, nice work for previous versions, but... there's only way to use QAudio in RPG Maker MZ?

Thank you :D

flechajm

John Arrow
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you, @Sleepy Kitten Games. I just found a workarround using another Plugin (https://www.makerdevs.com/mvplugin/716?name=proximity background sounds) that use calls via Script.

Another question, maybe you know how to manage this:

I'm currently rewriting LNM_GameTime for MZ (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lighting-and-time-editor-continued.86409/). It's actually working with Commands with some changes that I've made but I don't know how to "take it" to release as "official" because the last guy who updated the plugin (https://github.com/FeelZoR/Lighting-GameTime-Editor) is no longer developing it.

I think I will upload the Updated Plugin to GitHub, but... I don't know if it's correct.

Thanks.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using RPG Maker MZ, that plugin you linked also shouldn't work. Most MV plugins will not work in MZ, from what I've heard/seen.
As for rewriting the plugin, I don't really have any advice to give you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_L7