shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Dude, about QNameInput and QInput:

Is there a way to press ENTER after writing the name using the keyboard instead of clicking in OK?

I realized that if you select the OK option, you can press ENTER to continue, but with an extra space in the name ("Cristobal " instead of "Cristobal", for example).

Is there a way to fix this? Thank you very much in advance :)

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@shinichi999 It works fine if you set "Show window with keys" to false. I hadn't tested with that when it's true so never noticed this. Will fix it in next patch.

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@shinichi999 It works fine if you set "Show window with keys" to false. I hadn't tested with that when it's true so never noticed this. Will fix it in next patch.
Yeah, but I would like to have both options (for mobile phones for example).

Thanks for the answer, I'll wait for the next patch!

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HasdrubalBarca You're correct, thanks for letting me know, I'll try to fix it asap.

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Also, found a bug in your latest version of QMovement. Using the mouse causes a TypeError.

From the console:

TypeError: undefined is not a function
at Scene_Map.processMapTouch (/C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2734)
at Scene_Map.updateDestination (rpg_scenes.js:485)
at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:400)
at Scene_Map.update (/C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/QAudio.js:470)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1829)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1790)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HasdrubalBarca Make sure you have the latest mv core version installed. That processMapTouch was made to make the one from 1.3.5, in that version they updated that function and added some new functions. So if you're project isn't using 1.3.5 files then it'll crash.

As for the site, looks like the version of react-router changed. And don't remember which version it was built it on, so I'm just going to have to rebuild it. But can't really find any docs/guides on the new version so might take awhile. So for now I'll change the site to show some "WIP" message. The good thing is that all the info is also included in the plugins help this time around.

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My bad, I forgot to upgrade to 1.3.5 from the previous version. :aswt2:
Now everything works fine.

ArcheoFox

Novice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Quasi and all! I have an hard problem when I use your "QMovement" plugin and the Tomoaky's plugin "TMShooting" (this plugin is an alternative version of the "TMJAShooting" but without the needs to have a jump-action system.) Unfortunately I can not find this version of the plugin so if needed, I can transmit it to you.
Anyway, as you can see on the gif below, the bullets cross the colliders of the QMovement plugin (and the auto-tiles of ceiling) :-( ... So technically I could place empty events on all the ceilings but this is not accurate and conflicting for the player's actions that would be on those boxes.... Would there be a way to counter this? I'm sorry to ask you and not Tomoaky, but already that the English and I make two, but the Japanese is much worse. Please, can someone help me? Thank you in advance.

I do not know if it will be enough, but here is the link to the bad plugin (TMJAShooting instead of TMShooting):
http://hikimoki.sakura.ne.jp/plugin/plugin_ja/TMJAShooting.js

Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The site should be back up. Though you might have to await awhile until the cache clears, unless you clear it yourself. I might also clean up the site code a bit and make the repo public incase anyone is interested in the site code. It's built with React and is a "single" page.

@ArcheoFox Sorry I don't feel like creating a patch for that. Though if you do find someone interested it wouldn't take much to do. They would need to give the bullets a collider, then pretty much copy Game_CharacterBase.prototype.collisionCheck from my plugin into that plugin.

ArcheoFox

Novice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Okay, thanks for your reply Quxios. I do not see how to add a collider to the bullets because I'm bad with scripts. It will be complicated for me but I do not have too much choice :hswt: Anyway your plugins are awesome, thanks again to you.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates

QAudio 2.2.0
  • Added 'this' as possible charaId in bindTo
  • Fixed a bug with audios when not using the loop option
  • QAudios are now saved, so they will continue playing when loading a save
  • Added a few missing QAudio stops (Ex, they didnt stop when entering battle)

QPlus 1.1.4
  • Changed radian direction, (Flipped y axis, down is now 90degrees)

QMovement 1.1.1
  • Changed radian direction, (Flipped y axis, down is now 90degrees)
  • Some changes to ColliderManager / Sprite_Collider classes

QPathfind 1.1.1
  • Moved some functions around. Previous version may have broken some plugins, should be fixed now

QSpeed 1.2.1
  • Initial Movespeed is now set for events

QNameInput 2.0.1
  • Window with keys should now work better with keyboard input

You can find files here:
https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins

Also I posted on banned.url the other day, though in case people that follow this thread don't follow my banned.url posts I'll recap here:
New plugins (not updates) will get released for all patrons 1+ weeks before public release.

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
YAY! Aramis Sprite zoom plugin is working with QPathfind now :)
I'm experiencing a couple of problems with the pathfind.
One is that it will sometimes 'freak out' and the player will alternate between frames at superspeed while moving very slow.
The other is that sometimes it will continue the pathfind on the next map.
I tried to duplicate it with your demo project but I got an error loading that into a new project, I reported it on your github.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZcheK Thanks for the report! It should be fixed now. If you find out any more details on the pathfind issue let me know. But the other about it continuing to pathfind on map change is enough info for me to work on fixing now. Just need info on how to recreate the "freaking out"
Updates
QMovement 1.1.2
  • Fixed bug which crashed game when using with QM+CollisionMap
https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/blob/master/js/plugins/QMovement.js

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry that wasn't very detailed. I have diagonals on and I'm using a diagonal character created with QSprite Maker. The 'freaking out' is the sprites changing between diagonal and regular.
I'd like to be able to make the sprite match the approximate movement, to make it look less jittery.

Checking your demo though it doesn't have this problem must be something wrong with my config.

Last edited:

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Dude, I have another question about QNameInput and QInput:

The plugins works perfect; I can write a name with the keyboard and then press ENTER, but if I have a default name before, then I can´t continue pressing ENTER, I have to delete the default name and then write another and press ENTER.

Is there a way to just press ENTER with the default name of the character?

Oh, and by the way... the plugin is not compatible with external gamepads... is there a way to make it compatible?

Last edited:

ArcheoFox

Novice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Sorry for this post, I do not know how to delete it.

Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZcheK Ah yeh, that's just how the A*Star algorithm works. To make it cleaner I can add extra costs for direction changes or mix in jump point search. I could also add a change in the path to move route, where it check the next move and if the current is a horz and the next is vert, change it to a diagonal. But the problem with that is that the path typically isn't like that, it's usually like 4 left moves 4 ups, ect. But when the path is animated it looks like single moves in each dir but thats since in pixel move each move is typically completed in a single frame.

@shinichi999 The issue is that it doesn't know weither the user prefers to use the key window by using the arrow keys, or by typing. So by MV default it'll use the arrow keys, and if a keyboard input is detected it switches to keyboard mode. So no you don't need to delete the whole name, you just need to add 1 extra letter or delete a letter to change it to keyboard mode then enter will work. And I won't be changing that behavior.

Also QInput does work with Gamepads, make sure the gamepad keys are configured in the plugins parameters. If they aren't then they won't work.

microck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello Quxios ! Really nice work here. :)
I got a little problem with the last MV update (1.4.0)
(happens when i click on the map)

TypeError: undefined is not a function
at Scene_Map.processMapTouch (/C:/Users/microck/Documents/Games/project/js/plugins/QMovement.js:2747)
at Scene_Map.updateDestination (rpg_scenes.js:484)
at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:400)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1829)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1790)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)

I'm also hype for the QYscale plugin. :rswt

Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@microck I haven't tested 1.4.0 yet (Will very soon). Thanks for letting me know though, I'll look into it asap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?
Good lord this is taking forever, I'm not even out of the opening really and I've still got hours worth of work to do before I get to the main gameplay loop. Orphan of Time will probably be done some time next year, If I'm lucky.
Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosyNoodle