IssaMeMino

Living in a Peculiar World
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use QSprite for my project. I'm currently having a hard time with the QSprite plugin reading the sprite sheet incorrectly. I'm making my own custom art for an isometric game with more realistic sprites, but I wanted to figure out how to do it correctly through a test. In the example art, this is not my own map or sprite (they're simply to try and figure out how to make this plugin work). I feel like I'm doing everything the right way, but I guess not. Does the sprite sheet need to be set up horizontally? I'm just a little confused- I'll be making my own sprites with the same dimensions as this test one, so I can change the format in any way. I don't know if I'm labeling the files incorrectly, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo

https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QSprite

Attachments

Last edited:

spckk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
upload_2018-8-20_10-30-16.png

Keep your {config}- file named the same. Here is my set up:

upload_2018-8-20_10-31-14.png

Your sheet is set up correctly. I would recommend changing the plugin config from % (special characters in filenames are ill advised, I used to crash every other map, switched it to Q, and I've been fine ever since)

I believe the issue is that you changed the %{config}-, which it uses to read the filename in the QSprite editor and should remain default. I made this mistake early on. As well documented as QSprite is, it was quite the pain to learn it and wrap my head around. It definitely took a few small fits of frustration and head scratching! Anyway -

Here are the steps to remedy it:

(Optional) Change your config head to a letter,

Now, if you'll look at the file name of this picture below, (QMAIN) it contains the letter/symbol detailed within the plugin parameters(Whether it's Q, or %, or otherwise) plus the {config} name. This allows you to save multiple configurations to read sprites differently, if you need some for animations during a cutscene you can save them under the config QSPECIAL (or %Special) and it will use a different sized sprite reading, frame data, etc.;

upload_2018-8-20_10-33-56.png

Lastly I would recommend setting up a "default" pose, as that's what's read if there are any internal issues with how your sprite is being read. It's more of a fail safe so that it will at least draw something.

Happy game making! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I hope more people get around to using QSprite!

Reactions: FZB

IssaMeMino

Living in a Peculiar World
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are such a life saver! I can't thank you enough.

YbanezKien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I am unable to open Qsprite Editor I downloaded it but it will not open...

Ritara

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How did you get the sprite even to show, ingame I tried now for 4 hours to get my sprite displayed, but it want display it there.
Already tried it with a parallel process event that contains a plugin command like "qSprite 0 play idle2" and I tried to change the filename and changing % into Q, still it won't be display it. hope you could help me with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

palatkorn wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?
I hope you give me a chance to fix something wrong.
palatkorn wrote on Kes's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah