QSprite not playing poses

Kaycul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, sorry to be bothering you guys again but I absolutely for the life of me cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

For some reason or another, the only pose that plays in-game is whatever one is named "idle2". Anything else I put in a plugin command the system just doesn't seem to read. For example, if I had the full command be:

qsprite event1 loop waving wait

the only thing the system seems to act on is "qsprite event1" where it shows the first cell of the appropriate spritesheet, but not the pose. The only time it ever shows any saved pose is if I name it "idle2" and the system will by default always run that pose, even if I don't tell it to in the command. What am I doing wrong?

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
You shouldn't have to name your idle sprites to idle. can you screenshot your event page and a quick example on how your qsprite is set up

Kaycul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You shouldn't have to name your idle sprites to idle. can you screenshot your event page and a quick example on how your qsprite is set up
Sure thing, here's my event page
Event Page.png
My Sprite Sheet, labeled "QEddie-wave" (I replaced the % in the plugin parameters to Q)
QEddie-wave.png
And I'll also put a screenshot of how the Editor screen looks for me
Sprite Editor.png
Sprite looks fine in-game, just doesn't want to animate unless a pose is titled "idle2". Everything animates just fine in the Editor, though.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see anything wrong. One possibility is how it is used, is it in a parallel process or autorun event, where the animation is accidentally being repeatedly called - which would explain why the first frame shows? So on each loop it is starting the animation again?

Kaycul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see anything wrong. One possibility is how it is used, is it in a parallel process or autorun event, where the animation is accidentally being repeatedly called - which would explain why the first frame shows? So on each loop it is starting the animation again?
No, actually, I have it set to Player Touch. I've tested this all on a fresh new game project too and it's still behaving this way.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried changing the Q back to a %? I had issues myself trying to change it I feel. Unless in that new project that's what you had and it still wasn't working. I remember trying to change it and I feel like I had to change it back because I couldn't get stuff to work.

Kaycul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried changing the Q back to a %? I had issues myself trying to change it I feel. Unless in that new project that's what you had and it still wasn't working. I remember trying to change it and I feel like I had to change it back because I couldn't get stuff to work.
Weird, it just gives me an error with any image starting with a % sign (says it fails to load that image upon startup). It didn't do that when I first started messing with QSprite, and doesn't give me such an error on a new blank game. I've even turned off all plugins and it still gives the error.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm... that is weird. see if putting an ! exclamation in front of the % helps... I have one of my events listed as !%Mikes-event06(20) but I've only tested an idle animation. it fully works, but wow... I can't seem to get my other animation to play either lol. that's weird because my character has a pose that's trigger via a button, and when I press the button, the pose happens as it should. but these event's are acting weird I guess. I can only get them to idle myself actually. guess...

WAIT. I figured it out... qSprite e7 play ready wait just worked for me. soooo in your case

qSprite e2 play wave wait SHOULD work

https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QSprite was very helpful lol.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Am I missing something? I mean his plugin command literally starts out with "QEddie" instead of qSprite. So obviously it's not going to work.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally legit forgot you didn't have to use the name of the file in the plugin command actually. but looking at my own should've told me something, but then again, I felt I remembered how you set up the plugin commands for the player and for events was different. Not sure why my brain was running that line of thought though...

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely fair. After awhile all of the code just runs together. I had to look it up because I wondered if there was some pose plugin command I didn't know.

Kaycul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm... that is weird. see if putting an ! exclamation in front of the % helps... I have one of my events listed as !%Mikes-event06(20) but I've only tested an idle animation. it fully works, but wow... I can't seem to get my other animation to play either lol. that's weird because my character has a pose that's trigger via a button, and when I press the button, the pose happens as it should. but these event's are acting weird I guess. I can only get them to idle myself actually. guess...

WAIT. I figured it out... qSprite e7 play ready wait just worked for me. soooo in your case

qSprite e2 play wave wait SHOULD work

https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QSprite was very helpful lol.
Yeah, I've been reading over that plugin page too lol, I practically have it memorized by this point.
Even the ! exclamation comes up with an error if there's a % sign around, unfortunately.
But I've also reformatted my command to fit your suggestion (changing out the qSprite with QEddie of course) but it still just doesn't want to play an animation. It's as if it's just refusing to acknowledge the existence of the "play wave wait" part.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually, you say you changed qSprite with QEddie? don't do that actually. that was my mistake. IF that's what you're saying you did... you need it to say qSprite, then the event number, then play wave wait.

I forgot myself that you DON'T need to use the file name in the plugin command. just the words qSprite and the correct event number.
plugin command.PNG

that's what got it to work for me. I walked up to my event, hit the action button and then the pose played.

Now if that is what you already had, then my bad, I'm not actually sure what's going on with your stuff... Oh and now I remember the reason I had the "!" in front... because it was formatted in such a way that I personally needed it because the event is the only character on the sheet and I need it stand flat. (my game is 2D side scrolling), you might not need that after all. try the plugin command though if you haven't already.

Kaycul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually, you say you changed qSprite with QEddie? don't do that actually. that was my mistake. IF that's what you're saying you did... you need it to say qSprite, then the event number, then play wave wait.

I forgot myself that you DON'T need to use the file name in the plugin command. just the words qSprite and the correct event number.
View attachment 138931

that's what got it to work for me. I walked up to my event, hit the action button and then the pose played.

Now if that is what you already had, then my bad, I'm not actually sure what's going on with your stuff... Oh and now I remember the reason I had the "!" in front... because it was formatted in such a way that I personally needed it because the event is the only character on the sheet and I need it stand flat. (my game is 2D side scrolling), you might not need that after all. try the plugin command though if you haven't already.
Oh my god, I misread you AND the plugin page and I feel like such a dunce. It's working perfectly now! Thank you so so much!
I'm also making a 2D side-scroller lol. Again, though, thanks so much and good luck on your project!

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you got it working ! and I wasn't feeling too bright myself with this one haha... I totally had it in my head that you needed the name of the event in the plugin command when it was for an event. but now I know better. and thanks, good luck to you as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeymastermind