Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there any plugins for adding QTEs / Actions Commands / Timed Hits to MV? I've been playing Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi lately, and it was one of their strong points. I'm imagining something that could fit in a Yanfly Action Sequence or similar action customization, but anything would work as a base.

Alternatively, how simple would this be to prepare directly in javascript?

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@SumRndmDde has some great "timed attack" plugins

His official site
Forum topic

They integrate well with Yanfly's action sequences as well.

The mash plugin emulates some of Paper Mario's partner's attacks as well as some of Mario and Luigi's bro moves (like their fireflower power)
The basic timed attack emulates some of the jump skills; integrated with action sequences you easily emulate power bounce / multi bounce jump skills. Simply change the guage (perhaps remove it intirely), have your character do the attack animation then call a quick timed attack event where the player has to press a button, and if successful (tas_power > 0) then continue with another action sequence

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I think that is exactly what I was looking for! I'd been searching on "QTE" and "Action Command" so no wonder I couldn't find it. Thank you!

EDIT:

Is there a simple way to "reverse" the timed hits for enemy skills, so perfect timing could reduce/negate damage?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I stumbled upon 2 articles about why time goes faster as we age, and how to "slow down time".
Check them out, very interesting read. :D
Faster Time
Slower Time
Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WorldCreator29