Quasi ABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Quxios, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

-No longer supported-
    Consider using QABS which is SUPPORTED

[Quasi] ABS Version -Dev- MV

by Quasi

About:

So some of you may already know that I've been working on a pixel based Action Battle System for MV on and off for a while now. I decided to create this development post so I can add in any features you might like to see in an ABS. I'm trying to create this as modular as I can. Meaning you can choose to be ridiculous and set like 50+ skill keys, or just a simple 1 or 2. You will set which button activates which skill in the plugin manager, you can also choose to be able to set the skill to one of these keys in the game.

* This abs requires my Movement plugin since it will be using colliders to make it into a pixel based ABS.

Documentation:

http://quxios.github.io/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo/

Highly recommended that you know how to use my Movement Plugin before using this!!

FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions )

What will be the terms for this? Will this be free to use for commercial projects?

The Terms can be found in the Github's Repo and inside the README file, just scroll down to the "TERMS OF USE FOR NON-COMMERCIAL AND COMMERCIAL:" Section. But yes, it is free to use for commercial projects.

When will this be complete?

The current version ( 0.9xx ) is basically complete. It's still in "development" because there should be lot of bugs left to fix. As well as 1 or 2 more features I would like to add in. But you can start creating projects based off of this plugin, but I would recommend not releasing a project that uses this until there is a stable version of this plugin.

Can I translate this to ___ language?

Sure, you can even feel free to send me a link to the translated one so I can add a link to this thread to it for those that need it.

How can I should player HP / MP?

You need to use an external HUD plugin to do this. Any and all hud plugins should work with this plugin. This is also mentioned in the documentation.

What happened with ABS HUD B?

ABS HUD B was discontinued because MV games were running at around 30fps and around 15-20fps with my plugins installed. That is far from an enjoyable experience, so would probably be best to stay away from developing for mobile because there isn't much more optimization I can do to my plugins. I also no longer have access to a mobile touch device so can't continue testing it.

Test Demo:

https://github.com/quxios/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo

* Note these are development demos. You should not use these plugins in your projects until it's officially released.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. CameronCalvert

CameronCalvert LazyCam Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I will be keeping my eyes on you!!! I've been waiting for an ABS VERY impatiently haha! Just searched in google again and found your post! I can't wait for this!!

EDIT: Would you be adding the option for animations? Like when you hit up left right and down they act as if they're attacking?

EDIT 2: Actually... I don't use your movement script because when I try to use it it just crashes my game when it launces... I've put it below YEP - Core and tried the yanfly patch with it as well.. disabling scripts... But i can't seem to get it to work... I realise i'm going to need this working in order for your ABS to work. Do you think you could help me out?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  3. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah I mentioned character animations:

And yes I can help, please pm me and send me more details on the crash. Like what you did before the crash, and a screenshot of the console log ( press f8 when it crashes )

4. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    i don't care about follower AI. but please give AI to enemies :D . pretty please...

also since MV now support mouse / touch. if you add feature like ragnarok online skill usage (click on hotbar, click enemy to set skill target).

it would be really awesome. will feel like online games for sure :p .

if not possible... having one when we press hotbar character do the skill is fine too (zenonia).

nevertheless... i will wait patiently until this released before adding battle to my game :D .

5. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll probably add some very simple AI, with an option to disable it. Devs should be able to create their own AI's for the enemies with some pretty advanced Eventing, which will probably be needed for boss fights anyways. I'll provide most of the necessary functions such as: list of usable skills that aren't on cooldown, get any data off that skill like it's range and collider so you can test if it'll hit before using it or just use it blind not sure how smart AIs should be. And I think that might probably be all you need, and well the events stats so you can change AI at x% hp or something.

I haven't played either of those games, but it sounds like, where you press a skill through the hud hotbar or just with the hotkey it'll attach the skills hit area to the mouse and when you click the mouse it uses the skill at that location? Which is something I was thinking of adding since I do want to add in mouse support. Default settings will probably be a wasd movement with left click being attack and right click a special attack.

Winter break is almost here, and I'm hoping I can finish it off or get close to finishing since next yr might be pretty busy for me.

estriole likes this.
  6. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    That sound great. Basic ai + option for adv eventing ai. Also the skill mouse you explained is already correct. But some single target skill didn't target ground. But need to click on enemy. But even it's targetting ground. It's fine. I hope you could finish this before you're busy :D .

7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well I just started working on the targeting, was busy fixing a bunch of bugs for my movement plugin so I probably won't have a skill testing release this weekend.

Ground Targeting Preview:

https://twitter.com/QuasiXi/status/673594073869979648

You can still move with arrow keys during targeting, forgot to show that. But I think that's fine since theres always a chance you casted it out of range and you should move into range.

For the other targeting I think I can add that in as well since it'll use a pretty similar logic that the enemies would use when using a ground targeting, but players will be able to cycle through possible targets while enemy will pick the best through the ai.

8. Folkner

Folkner Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    I can't help coding since I'm still learning js but If you need testing please just say. I really need this plugin :D

9. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I really like the sound of an ABS plugin! Good luck!  BD

10. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! And I don't know I will need any help programming wise but I will need testers which is why I created this dev thread. I really haven't put more work into this since I've been trying to get my movement more stable, But I think I will be able to have that skill testing release this weekend. It won't have much but you will be able to create different types of skills and skill actions. I feel like if anything will be buggy in this plugin it will be related to skill actions which is why I'll be releasing that first to get a head start on bug fixing.

Also I should note that I will be adding a very simple hud, but I will probably be creating that at the very end because I'm not a fan of creating windows, I find them very boring.

11. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    Add option to use iconset or weapons image from system folder (like falcao pear)

options to use 1 or more character sprite, like character.png, character_atk.png, character_hit.png, etc.

Touch HUD for mobile (something like zenonia

)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
    Drymay likes this.
  12. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the ideas!

I had added in using weapon images from system folder. but it honestly it just looked horrible. Weapons were just too big so I took it off. Plus drawing the weapons into the characters sprite would look tons better.

There will be character animations, but that will probably be implemented later on.

And touch hud is also something I was thinking of doing, but that will also be towards the end.

So far I've just finished adding input controls. And I also added a picture option to the <absSequence> which binds a picture to the collider and can rotate with it.

13. 162

162 Moop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Words fail me at the sheer awesome of this endeavor.

[​IMG]

14. CameronCalvert

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A suggestion: For the attacking animations you should make it possible for an "attack pose" to play while attacking (change character graphic for 3 frames), and then display a character set (weapon from 4 angles like a charset) for 3 frames. and then you can just let people make the charsets themself? :)  So if you change weapon that weapon will be displayed instead, via an image. Do you get what I mean?

15. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah yes, I'll probably end up making my own character animations plugin and mix that whole "character looks different with x equips on" and make them work together so if main sprite runs X pose, all equips will also run X pose.

So since I still don't feel that my ABS is ready for a public dev release ( I'm pretty much too lazy to write the help / how to set up guide ). I made a video showing off different types of skills I created with it)

* Also is using the MV bgms in videos like that okay? If not let me know and I'll remove the audio.

* You won't actually see all those red circle / boxes, those are only displayed if you have Show Boxes toggled from my Movement. Though you will see the Red / Green collider on select targeting and ground targeting.

If you do want to get your hands on this and start testing already, feel free to pm me.

I'm probably going to take a "break" from this and work on the character pose animations since I feel that skill configurations are pretty much complete, which pretty much means I just have to do the enemy + AI functions.

I also want to create a plugin to change the damage popups, because I'm not liking the current popups. Talking about popups, maybe I should add a text popup option to skill sequence, so you can have like a skill bubble popup above the user showing the skills name or something or even displaying balloons over the user. If you got any ideas on additional actions to add to the skill sequence, feel free to let me know.

16. CameronCalvert

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice! Also something else... To add skills to the hotkeys... Can you make it compatible with yanfly skill menu scripts? 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  17. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Which plugin is that? I don't follow his plugins so if anyone has any compatibility requests they will have to leave a link to the other plugin. I wasn't going to make anything fancy for the skills to hotkeys, I was just going to add a new handler so if you pressed a hotkey while you are over a skill it will assign that skill as that hotkey. So that might work with any skill menu plugins.

18. 162

162 Moop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    One thing I was going to ask but it totally slipped my mind- are you planning on making it so that enemy HP/MP bars will be shown?

19. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, the bars will be a part of the hud, which I will be creating at the very end of development.

162 likes this.
  20. Jeremy Cannady

Jeremy Cannady Coldfire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you planning on implementing any AI?

I made a simple ABS with swing animations and hits but with no AI, I stopped because it just wasn't right.