Quasi ABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Quxios, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Vyse487

Vyse487 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    If it's not too much trouble i do have one more question since i am learning and LOVING your system. Set the scene! There's a goblin battle mage that will throw fireballs if i am out of reach of his melee attack and will use his dagger of pwnage on me if i get close enough....HOWEVER in the system i have not found a way to make it to where when i'm within melee range he will stop using his ranged abilities and ONLY use his melee attack.....Is there a way to do this with the AI you have built in, or is it something i would have to script into the event itself? 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Yo Ewan

Yo Ewan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you still working on this?

Just saying, it seems like it'd be awesome! Thanks. :D

No pressure, though. 

3. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français
    Re Quasi!

It seems that animated skill files with the "#" identifier prevent the game for compiling.

Is that a way to change the identifier (like you did for QuasiSprite)?

Hope you're fine

4. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    for say : 

Quasi will stop to support or bug fix this abs I will take care of it ALTHOUGH it's will be totally rewritten to a new framework

it's will take time but at least you will still have the abs

the dev language will be in Typescript who permit better intelisenses 

the output language will be in JS.

Both will be release but typescript will allow really clean code for other JS dev who want to extends the abs.

Lecode likes this.
  5. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français

Hi nio,

Thx for taking care of this! 

I have a question although : will you take care of this plugin only or will you also fix others Quasi's plugins (like QuasiPuzzle of QuasiSight)?

French part : étant donné la ré-écriture du plugin, doit-on s'attendre à patienter plusieurs mois avant de pouvoir le tester (je n'ai aucune idée du temps requis)? En tout cas merci encore de récupérer le développement du code!

6. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    it's will depends of my time, my will and knowledge. Quasi puzzle may get more interest but quasi sight not really need more dev for the moment.

for now my main focus is quasi abs

7. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français

Ok thank you for your answer!

(btw i reported a bug with the last version of Quasi Sight, i'll try to debug it (but i'm not a dark wizard of js) :

8. Nomi

Nomi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hi there,

just wanted to say that I appreciate nios will to keep this thing alive.

It is a really promising plugin! One of the greaters a Developer of RPGM can wish for.

Best luck and I'm looking forward to it :)

9. LUNARMAX

LUNARMAX Villager Member

Your ABS is great!

How about Follower AI just on Falcao level. Simply programmable skills for party and the Battle Mode to use it.

10. citronpute

citronpute Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Hi!

I'm having an issue with the abs system. 

The enemy have a ranged attack similar to the one in the demo.

But he only attacks when i'm in his "red thing" 

Is there a way to make him able to attack me from all 8 directions ?

Thaaaaaanks

barre.png

11. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français

I'll try to help you :

The "red thing" is the collider box of the skill, so it's normal that you get it when you are in it.

If you want to use this plugin correctly i highly recomand you to read the document :

http://quasixi.com/quasi-abs-documentation/

12. citronpute

First Language:
    French
    Thanks for your answer :)

I understand that. And I don't think this is the skill's collider because my character is using the same skill, and the collider is a tiny box, which move forward, not a huge static box like this one.

The weird thing is that when i use an ancient version of the quasi abs plugin (Mai 27th), having the same skills configuration, the enemy can "see" me (A large red circle appears, and he can attack when i'm in, even if i'm not facing him).

The current demo of the abs plugin seems to have the same problem (The boss part).

(Je la fais courte en français histoire que tu me comprennes plus facilement. 

En gros, l'ennemi attaque seulement si le joueur se place dans cette ligne rouge. Alors qu'en utilisant une ancienne version du plugin, on ne voit plus de ligne mais un cercle plein. 

Sur la demo actuelle, au niveau du boss, celui-ci est incapable d'attaquer si le joueur ne se place pas sur cette ligne rouge dont l'orientation dépend de celle du sprite de l'ennemi. J'ai ptet pas capté un truc, mais c'est étrange)

13. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ABS v0.9922

https://github.com/quasixi/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo/blob/master/js/plugins/QuasiABS.js

• Fixed some save issues, maybe? If anyone can test and confirm please let me know
    • Fixed Ranged attacked only calculating "will hit" from single angle 
    • Added <beforeskill></beforeskill> notetag, it will run the javascript inside that tag before using the skill. ( will not run when skill is used from force skill )
    • Change <onDeath></onDeath> notetag back to eval because I think there was some issues with it but I can't remember

@citronpute Try that version ^ and let me know if it works. Don't forget you also need radian attacks enabled ( parameter "Attack Moves Towards Mouse" )

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  14. citronpute

First Language:
    French
    It works perfectly, thanks ;)

(Well I spoke a little bit too fast, ranged attack still hit only when the enemies are facing my character. But I there is no static "red line" anymore, a circle appears.)

Looking at the picture: i set the enemy movement to be "fixed" (i use <noAI> tag and eventing to make them attack)

So now they can "see" me, they attack repeatedly but not towards me, only towards their base direction (I've enabled radian attacks btw ) 

barre1.png

15. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français

I didn't test the <NoAI> tag yet, so can't help you more...

As Quasi said, did you set "Attack Moves Towards Mouse" on in the plugin parameters?

(french)

Ah, je ne savais pas que tu utilisais le tag <NoAI>, je ne l'ai pas encore testé donc je ne serais pas d'une grande aide...

Comme l'a dit Quasi, as tu pensé à réglé le paramètre "Attack Moves Towards Mouse" dans les réglages du plugin?

Sinon, peut être pourrais tu mettre un screenshot de l'event, il y a peut être un soucis dedans? 

16. citronpute

First Language:
    French
    Yes, i've set "Attack Moves Towards Mouse" to true!

Here is the skill's configuration:

<absSettings>

collider: box, 12, 24

through: 2

offset: 30

</absSettings>

<absSequence>

user lock

user pose gun

se Gun1 100 100 0

wait 2

picture bullet true 6

move forward 480 30

wait 2

</absSequence>

Here is a screenshot of the event :

barre2.png

17. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français

Well, it seems you're configuration is good... maybe it's a bug, i'll try to test is later too.

(french)

Ben l'event à l'air bien construit... je vois pas d'où ça peut venir à part d'un bug...

Je vais essayer de faire la même chose ce soir et je te dirai si j'ai le même soucis ou pas.

Edit :

I tried it and i have the same issue.

Apparemment ca ne vient pas de toi j'ai le même problème.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  18. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français

Hi Quasi!

I still have the loading issue (save > close the game > open > load > error).

No issue if i don't close the game between the saving and loading though.

Capture.PNG

I also found an issue with the last version of QuasiSight : i get this error when there is any event with <enemy:X> note.

This issue also appears in the demo file.

If i tag enemies with <noAI> (or use the old version of QuasiSight), then the error disapear.

Capture2.PNG

I hope this will help you figure this out!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  19. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ABS 0.9923

https://github.com/quasixi/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo/blob/master/js/plugins/QuasiABS.js

• Moved uncompress function. Should now run when everything is loaded, so no more load errors?

@Gooz Test out that version for the loading. If you still get errors let me know if there were any other conditions. Like did u save in the middle of a battle, was there a dead enemy on the map, ect.

As for that sight error, the issue looks like your sight plugin isn't loading correct, so refreshing it should fix it.

20. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français

No more load errors indeed!

Thx very much!

About QuasiSight, how do i refresh it?

Maybe it's a stupid question but i looked around and i don't have a clue :'|