Quasi ABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Quxios, Dec 2, 2015.

1. jerrypylant

jerrypylant Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
     i was wondering if there was a way to make an enemy only hurt by a certain attack, let's say i am trying to blow a hole in a wall and im using the wall as an enemy i dont want arrows to hurt it only an explosion spell.Does anyone know of a way i can implement that?

2. cropots

cropots Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portugues
    @Quasi Is it possible to shoot constantly while holding the mouse click? This while moving, I would like to create a shooting game and need this function.

3. DetBlueMask

DetBlueMask Villager Member

@Queue I got this error and have no idea how to fix it. Help?

Also, this error usually goes along with the character suddenly being stuck with direction fix.

I use SumRndmDde's Character Creator plugin, maybe that's an issue?

Agro Bug Console(2).png

4. ABSTRVCT

ABSTRVCT - Enlightened - Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    None of your demos works when I paste it on a new project. This time, the problem is this:

Captura.PNG

5. Tyrael79

Tyrael79 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hey Quasi,

I got super excited when I saw that you had made an ABS system. I've been trying to do something similar through eventing, and it works pretty well, but its just wayyyyyy too much work for every single item in the game. So When I saw this I quickly rushed to give it ago.

I'm Getting an issue when I try to run the demo project just after the intro menu when you select "New Game" I get the error message "TypeError Undefined is not a function"

Steps I did to confirm I haven't done something nooby.

• DL'd your demo.
    • Created a new new project.
    • Pasted your files over the top.
    • Opened the Game.rpgproject file
    • (everything opened up in the RPG editor ok, and I could see your 2 different maps and placement monsters...etc)
    • Clicked the play button.

There are absolutely no other plugins, or anything else running other than what was contained within the demo file provided.

Possibly the error is being caused by something to do with the recent 1.3.4 update?

I've also tried replacing the outdated JS files with the new 1.3.4 versions, however this had no effect.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Quasi ABS error.jpg

ABSTRVCT likes this.
  6. DrFluffyMS

DrFluffyMS Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello Quasi,

I am currently using your ABS System, as well as your Movement plugins, and many other plugins. 

I used SumRndmDde's tutorial: here. I copied exactly what he did, and when I was playtesting, I could get into the title screen, but when I try to continue my save, it shows these errors: 

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, just want to let you know that I'm no longer working / supporting my older plugins anymore. I have made a bunch of posts before saying that I was stopping. But since people kept posting anyways those posts are probably 2-3 pages back and no one is seeing them anymore.

2nd as for the errors / abs not working anymore. I haven't changed the abs files so it should still be working fine, maybe a few bugs here and there. The main reason for most of the errors everyone is getting is most likely because they haven't setup the ABS plugin skill key parameters. By default they are left blank. You need to fill in at least 1 of them. If you have the <skillKeys> tag in a class, you need to have all of those skill keys set up in the plugin parameters. For example in the demo, you will need the 1st 7 setup.

As for bugs / errors:
    If you have some bug that's something like:
    Cannot read property of 'parameters' of undefined                - ( then on the right side it says some file name )

Open the plugin manager and right click, refresh that plugin and save.

If you get any other errors, make sure you have all the plugins needed and installed correctly.
    For the demo you need the following plugins:
    Movement
    MovementPlus ( Not required for projects, but is required for the demo, without this plugin you will get an undefined error )
    ABS
    Sprite ( Optional, will still work without, but the characters sprite will look all funky )

Recommended you use all of these plugins:
    [​IMG]

If you do use them, don't forget to go through their parameters and configure them how you would like. Specially Movement, Movement Plus and ABS. 

As for my site. Yes it is down, the domain ran out and I won't be bringing it back. This was also mentioned in previous posts saying that the site would go down once the domain ran out. If you need the docs, you can find them inside the ABS repos, even at:
    http://quasixi.github.io/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo/
    But images do not work since I was too lazy to grab them

8. NicoLican

NicoLican Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's me or the plugins link does not work

9. WessardWite

WessardWite Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    In the demo download I found this:

So... is the ONLY ABS for MV dead!?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  10. brandos

brandos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Someone here knows how to use the left mouse button and/or right mouse button as trigger for a skill?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  11. Just Yeas

Just Yeas SuperNoob Member

First Language:
    English
    Yes, and no

There's Phoenix Kagedesu's Alpha ABS
    and theres Nio Kasgami who is taking up the role to make Quasi ABS 2.0 (now named Dream Engine)....but even he hasnt been active in his forums for a few months now....

12. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Edited links in the 1st post. Please use the github links, not any quasixi.com links as that domain expired and I won't be bringing it back up.

Documentation is at:
    http://quxios.github.io/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo/
    Images weren't saved though, so if anyone is willing to edit the repo and fork it with fixed images that'd be great. I won't be doing it though since as I've said, I'm no longer working with this or any of my plugins that I made under the alias Quasi.

@brandos set the input as 'mouse1' for left click or 'mouse2' for right click ( might be other way around but i think thats how it is )

13. ABSTRVCT

ABSTRVCT - Enlightened - Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Check the Pheonix Kage Desu Alpha ABS ;)

14. Selvalanch

Selvalanch Villager Member

First Language:
    Thai , English
    can this plugin make some enemy (especially, boss monster) don't jump away when being hit?

15. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A note, I tested this and it still works. If you're getting errors with the demo you're not setting it up correctly, so read the doc's as this isn't a simple plugin that you can just add and let it do all the magic. For the demo, you need pretty much all the plugins enabled, only plugin parameters you might want to change are in movement, movement plus, input ( if u want wasd ) and abs. Inside the abs plugin parameters you need at least 8 key inputs set, as the demo uses 8 skills for the classes.

@Selvalanch Yes, you can either remove the move away command on skills, or set your move resistance param to 100%. You set the Move Resistance Rate Stat inside the abs plugin parameters, by default I think I used eva. So just set eva to 100% and that boss won't be able to move. Setting it to 50% means they'll only move half as far as someone with 0%

Selvalanch likes this.
  16. Selvalanch

Selvalanch Villager Member

First Language:
    Thai , English
    I see. Thanks!

17. Lithalean

Lithalean Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How's it been Quasi? Hope you had a good new year. Been working hard.

Quxios likes this.
  18. gece

gece Villager Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    İs it possible to make enemy vs enemy with this plugin? I need this type of battles in my game...

19. sefeloth

sefeloth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hey @Quasi 

I have weapons hold the skill for the player. It works fine when I equip one weapon but when i equip a second weapon, the first weapon's skill doesn't show up anymore. For example, i have a sword equipped in the left hand slot and its skill is used on left clicks. I then add a dagger to the right hand slot and its skill is used on right clicks. When i add the dagger after equipping the sword though, the sword skill no longer appears. How can I fix this?

20. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @gece Yes, but you need to make the AI for those enemies to attack each other.

@sefeloth You would need to edit the plugin js file. And edit the stuff that deals with weapon skills in the Game_Actor class. I think I left it so it gets overridden by the last weapon. So you would need to change that to a merge instead.