Quasi ABS

sefeloth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
hey quxio, in your demonstration of skills video you showed that when you move the cursor out of the targeting range, it turns red to show its out of range. this doesn't happen for me. do you know any possible reason for this? 

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sefeloth That effect is only for ground targeting skills. If it is a ground target and the "targeting" cursor appears, but stays green (I think it was green for the targeting, don't remember), then maybe you set the range too high. You can also turn on collision boxes with F10, and you'll be able to see the abs colliders, including the targeting range.

sefeloth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
it is a ground targeting skill. i have f10 enabled to see the range of the skill and when i move the targeting cursor out of range, it still stays green. its the fire skill you provided as an example skill in your demo. this skill came from the demo and in the demo, it has this problem as well. I had a different problem before where the enemies would not pathfind correctly but after disabling the quasi sight they worked so its obvious it was set up to work properly before but maybe something changed that makes it stop working for the ground targeting like the case i had with quasi sight and pathfinding. i was wondering what is different from the current ground targeting skil provided in the demol that causes the error versus the one in the video and how to fix it so that the current ground target works properly

Last edited by a moderator:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure, I haven't touched this in like 3-4 months and I'm not going to touch it again anytime soon. Sorry, hopefully someone else can look into it for you.

gece

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Common events that triggered by skills does not work with ABS, anyone know how to make this

What?

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
I can't understand what is "Move Resistance Rate", whose default stat is Evasion.and Evasion seems never to work,because i never see any"miss" in battle..

Antize

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi, when I save my game I got an error "Cannot Remove Property 'removeAgro' of undefined", I put

Code:
try
{
    chara.removeAgro(this === $gamePlayer ? 0 : this.eventId());
}
catch (e)
{
    console.log(e)
}
from
Code:
  Game_CharacterBase.prototype.clearAgro = function() {
    for (var charaId in this._agroList) {
      if (!this._agroList.hasOwnProperty(charaId)) continue;     
      var chara = charaId == 0 ? $gamePlayer : $gameMap.event(charaId);     
 }
    this._agroList = {};
    this._inCombat = false;
  };
):

pirateheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Where can I find a documentation with the pictures still intact? :p

ETHANSWIER

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do i make a ranged attack like a arrow or something

gece

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
@gece Yes, but you need to make the AI for those enemies to attack each other.

@sefeloth You would need to edit the plugin js file. And edit the stuff that deals with weapon skills in the Game_Actor class. I think I left it so it gets overridden by the last weapon. So you would need to change that to a merge instead.
I tried edit the plugin js. file but cant make it, not very familiar with it, need help for that how to merge two equipped weapons skills intead of override the first

Santa Donut

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems like a cool plugin - I might use it one day

Artomix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi how can i create an ennemy who walks through the water tiles? Thanks

nothingongoth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have exactly the same error after upgrading to 1.4.0. Are you using this version too? Could be, because of the upgrade.

Hi, when I save my game I got an error "Cannot Remove Property 'removeAgro' of undefined", I put

Code:
try
{
}
catch (e)
{
    console.log(e)
}
from
Code:
  Game_CharacterBase.prototype.clearAgro = function() {
    for (var charaId in this._agroList) {
      if (!this._agroList.hasOwnProperty(charaId)) continue;    
      var chara = charaId == 0 ? $gamePlayer : $gameMap.event(charaId);    
 }
    this._agroList = {};
    this._inCombat = false;
  };
):

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to run Quasi ABS, without QuasiMovement I do not like the QuasiMovement plugin @@

donatman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have anyone tried this on mobile device game? Does it work? Or is it able to be in mobile game? Thanks!

ivo333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does it work with YEP-Core engine. I'm having some difficulties with it, and I'm not sure if it's because of that.

Sparky89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

-No longer supported-
Consider using QABS which is SUPPORTED

[Quasi] ABS Version -Dev- MV

by Quasi

About:

So some of you may already know that I've been working on a pixel based Action Battle System for MV on and off for a while now. I decided to create this development post so I can add in any features you might like to see in an ABS. I'm trying to create this as modular as I can. Meaning you can choose to be ridiculous and set like 50+ skill keys, or just a simple 1 or 2. You will set which button activates which skill in the plugin manager, you can also choose to be able to set the skill to one of these keys in the game.

* This abs requires my Movement plugin since it will be using colliders to make it into a pixel based ABS.

Documentation:

http://quxios.github.io/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo/

Highly recommended that you know how to use my Movement Plugin before using this!!

FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions )

What will be the terms for this? Will this be free to use for commercial projects?

The Terms can be found in the Github's Repo and inside the README file, just scroll down to the "TERMS OF USE FOR NON-COMMERCIAL AND COMMERCIAL:" Section. But yes, it is free to use for commercial projects.

When will this be complete?

The current version ( 0.9xx ) is basically complete. It's still in "development" because there should be lot of bugs left to fix. As well as 1 or 2 more features I would like to add in. But you can start creating projects based off of this plugin, but I would recommend not releasing a project that uses this until there is a stable version of this plugin.

Can I translate this to ___ language?

Sure, you can even feel free to send me a link to the translated one so I can add a link to this thread to it for those that need it.

How can I should player HP / MP?

You need to use an external HUD plugin to do this. Any and all hud plugins should work with this plugin. This is also mentioned in the documentation.

What happened with ABS HUD B?

ABS HUD B was discontinued because MV games were running at around 30fps and around 15-20fps with my plugins installed. That is far from an enjoyable experience, so would probably be best to stay away from developing for mobile because there isn't much more optimization I can do to my plugins. I also no longer have access to a mobile touch device so can't continue testing it.

Test Demo:

https://github.com/quxios/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo

* Note these are development demos. You should not use these plugins in your projects until it's officially released.
Hello Just started on your awesome ABS system, is there anything i can do to make a swinging ( weapon ) animation appear for example when i push 1 to attack, my character does the attack and an animation is played but no swinging of any weapons? thanks for sharing your ABS really cool. Also how to i disable re-spawning of enemies every time i re-enter a map or at least for some enemies?

Izy

A Really Slow Turtle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this plugin is no longer supported but thank you very much Quxios, and all the community members who take the time to answer other people's questions which have helped me a lot! ❤

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Testtubebaby