Quasi Input

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Nov 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

[Quasi] Input Version 1.03 MV

by Quasi

What it does:
    This plugin adds extra input functionality. It adds more keys to allow for a keyboard input window and allows you to remap all default keys including the F keys.

Terms of use:
    This does not follow my normal terms!! This is free to use for ALL projects, including commercial. This does not mean you can use any of the plugins that require this for free. You still have to follow the respective plugin's terms.
    You are free to modify this script or create your own based off this and release them, I just ask you leave a special thanks to Quasi somewhere.

Full Documentation:
    http://quasixi.com/mv/input/
    https://github.com/quasixi/RPG-Maker-MV/blob/master/Documentations/Input.pdf

Links:
    https://github.com/quasixi/RPG-Maker-MV/blob/master/Systems/QuasiInput.js

Plugins that use this:
    Quasi Easy JSON
    Quasi Name Input
    Quasi Input Remap

Compatibility Patches:

Galvs Jump Ability

Example Videos:
    Name Input:
    https://twitter.com/QuasiXi/status/667591588000894976

Easy Json:
    https://twitter.com/QuasiXi/status/667839685977206784

Input Remap:

https://twitter.com/QuasiXi/status/676957713960706048

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    m24970985, Rozel, SpookySoul and 6 others like this.
  2. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great work, Quasi! 

Oh, and what are the terms for the name input plug-in?

3. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks!

And it's in the plugins header

Code:
    //============================================================================// ** Terms of Use// This plugin is free to use for both free and commercial games!// Just write a special thanks to Quasi in the game please.//============================================================================

∊η∊ηra likes this.
  4. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Awesome! I don't suppose it would be possible to create an Options menu to allow players to map their own keyboard keys?

5. MakeAndCreate

MakeAndCreate Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm confused.  How do I get this to make Easy JSON to work?  

6. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Cinnamon - I'm planning on creating a key re-mapper in the future, hopefully not to far away since it's a feature I want for my ABS.

@MakeAndCreate - You just need to install both plugins and make sure this one is above EZJSON. Then turn both on and play test and you should start in the EZJSON scene instead of your title screen. Turn off EZJSON when you're not using it. I recommend have QuasiInput near the top of the list and EZJSON at the very bottom.

7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Quasi Input Remap

https://github.com/quasixi/RPG-Maker-MV/blob/master/Scenes/QuasiInputRemap.js

Quasi Input 1.01

• Changed the remapped keys location into the ConfigManager so you can remap them inside a game scene.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Remap doesn't really support multiple keys to an input. So it works best if you make all your default inputs point to 1 key, not multiple like mv default.

Edit 2: Apparently Window_TextInput was broken and would always add #shift, so:

Quasi Input 1.02

• Fixed Window_TextInput, now adds the proper key to the input window.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  8. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    Thanks!

Can i ask to add russian letters support in name input? Or you can just tell me where i need to look to do it on my own.

9. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I might have an idea on how to add multi-language support but no promises, but I'll test it out.

Edit: Well I'm slightly unsure how to properly handle this.

My first thought was to use an image like this:

[​IMG]

And just swap out the Eng key with the Russian one. But since I don't know how Russian keyboards work, I'm not sure if that's a good solution.

What I was going to do was add a function right before the it draws the letter on screen, and lets say they pressed the eng "A" location, if you're in Russian mode, the plugin will type "Ф" instead. One problem is, I saw a few different Russian keyboard layouts, so I'm unsure which would be correct.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    Krimer likes this.
  10. hardqueen

hardqueen Crazy Talker Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    I have a hope that the plugin can support multiple language input, otherwise it is sad that there are an enormous number of Japanese, Chinese makers and players worldwide.

11. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    Your picture is correct.

12. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I ended up figuring a better way then to translate each key to their language, buuut I'm not 100% sure this works since I couldn't test Jap since IME gets disabled when I open MV ( makes it type in ENG instead )

But here's what I have right now:

https://twitter.com/QuasiXi/status/680712259165753344

My first attempt looked like:

[​IMG]
    Which you can see it's pretty tedious and long to add more languages.

Problem with my 1st attempt was that it didn't "auto" detect the language. You would have to set a variable to use one of the supported languages. With the new version ( from twitter video ) it gets the character that you typed based off your keyboard, so it possibly automatically supports maybe? all languages?

If anyone wants to help me test it, send me a msg. I'll probably do a public update release in 2-3 days.

Krimer likes this.
  13. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    Looks great!

Tell me if i can help but as i can see you need some Japanese testers? 

14. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New version is out, and hopefully supports multiple languages. Multiple languages only applies to input windows. The remap scene doesn't not support multi-languages and would need to use the QuasiInput.translate("key") function that I left inside the Input plugin. That function only supports russian and jap.

Oh I also slightly edited the terms. It's still free to use for all cases. I just added that you are free to release/distribute any edits/changes/mods/addons that you create as long as you leave a some thanks to Quasi.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  15. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have a question! How can we add other re-map-able keys that are given by Yanfly Button Common Events?

E.G Remapping a "JUMP" key which is got by using Yanfly's Button Common Event plugin!

16. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'l probably update it so you can add addition remap keys / Make an addon for addition remaps.

I haven't used / tried yanfly's button common event plugin, so how do you set which keys run the common event? If it's like "shifts", "ok", "tab", ect. Then it'll be possible to make the two work together easily.

17. lordvalinar

lordvalinar Lord of the Damned Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey Quasi, first of all... HUUUUUUGE Thank you, best keyboard input script (it actually let's me use the keys I need lol), but quick question:

Is there a way to make a compatability patch with GALV's Jump Ability script? It seems when I have QuasiInput active (whether GJA above or below it), I can't use the functions in GJA. Something about it binds whatever key you select to the 'cancel' slot I think for gamepad flexibility. Not expecting a miracle, but I would really REALLY appreciate the use of a jump function in conjunction with your script <3

-------------------
    Side note, not related to this plugin, but since you being a scripter and all I was wondering if you'd know how I could make it so when an actor equips a piece of armor (armor only), that a script would call a specific Common Event (doesn't have to be fancy with a pluginmanager parameters or anything, just 1 specific Common Event)??

<> I have an Inventory Weight Management System I'm building that uses Common Events, and right now until I can figure out the above is to just keep calling the CE in my "Update" common event (every 15 frames - as that is in lieu with the game's current clock (OrangeTimeSystem = 250 miliseconds, so 15 frames = 1 in game second) :p heh... sorry I'm rambling.

18. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kloe I took a look and I don't think I can do it because of the way he wrote it and It would probably be easier to create my own version of that type of plugin and add input remap support for it.

@lordvalinar I'll take a look his plugin at let you know soon.

As for that side note. You can create a topic in the "Learning Javascript" thread. But I believe you can just alias the Game_Actor.prototype.changeEquip() function and call a common event inside that function. If you need more help on that make a topic or send me a pm.

19. lordvalinar

lordvalinar Lord of the Damned Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Quasi Okay sweet I appreciate you looking into it :)  
    And as for the side note, Thanks that worked!! :)  You are officially my hero of the day!

Might add in an NPC named Quasi in addition to credits for your honor lol

Quxios likes this.
  20. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    lordvalinar likes this.