Quasi Input

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Quasi YUS YUS YUS!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! ((only in a platonic way)) :p  Thank you so much ^_^ 

I'm trying to learn more JavaScript myself so I can do some of this myself as before the full release of the project I would love to work on my own ABS ((yes I know you're working on one -- been keeping my eye on it :p )) But with this game, not sure what I have in mind yet so things are still open. Plus the book I have from classes is regular Java... not sure how much use that will be though lol.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'l probably update it so you can add addition remap keys / Make an addon for addition remaps.

I haven't used / tried yanfly's button common event plugin, so how do you set which keys run the common event? If it's like "shifts", "ok", "tab", ect. Then it'll be possible to make the two work together easily.
It's ok, I found a solution... :cutesmile:  use Hime's Common Event Buttons instead... >_>

Hime recommended to use it with this plugin and works really well with it, you can even use all of the button names from Quasi Input with no patch!!  :thumbsup-left: :cutesmile: :thumbsup-right:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Quasi

I was looking for something that allowed me to enter text, and this does the job.

However, I would like users to be able to press enter to "submit" the text.

Now, I can assign #enter to the window which calls a method to store the text somewhere, but the enter key still gets registered and it just adds a space.

Is there a way to override this behavior?

I've also noticed that IME support is disabled, so I'm unable to type chinese or japanese. Are these supported? It looks like you have support for russian and japanese, so presumably the problem is IME...

Last edited by a moderator:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tsukihime Are you using the Window_TextInput class included in the plugin? Either way, you can clear the input after #enter is triggered. So your update method would look something like:

update = function() {
if (Input.isTriggered("#enter")) {
callOnEnterFunction();
Input.clear();
return;
}
if (Input.anyPressed()) {
addInput(Input._lastPressed);
}
}

Clearing the input would make the Input.anyPressed() return false, so enter wouldn't be added to the text. You just have to catch #enter before adding it to the text. I didn't clear it in my Window class, so that could be the issue if you are using it.

As for the IME support, I couldn't get it to work since every time I tried my IME would turn off when MV was my active window. so no clue on fixing that.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey thanks for this plugin. Was just playing with just the 2 Input and NameInput. For this moment early stages I just wanted them to type their name and hit enter (most common way to submit text) But by defaut when I hit Enter it has a space then a A I think it was. I looked into the Input options of the plugin and Ok is set to #enter, #space, #z

Not sure if I'm derping.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure I know how to use this plugin...  I want to use this to ask questions and have the player answer them.  I haven't found a way to make this into a new window or scene where the value that is typed in the input space is saved to a variable.  Actually I can't get a Window at all...  Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I can't figure this plugin out.

Am I in the right spot or do I have to look for another plugin entirely?

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin just adds full keyboard support to MV. But you can do what you want without this plugin. You would just create a space holder actor, then use a name input processing event command for that space holder actor, then inside the conditional branch in the 2nd tab select the space holder actor and fill in the name.

Though with this plugin, they would be able to use the keyboard in the name input processing scene.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin just adds full keyboard support to MV. But you can do what you want without this plugin. You would just create a space holder actor, then use a name input processing event command for that space holder actor, then inside the conditional branch in the 2nd tab select the space holder actor and fill in the name.

Though with this plugin, they would be able to use the keyboard in the name input processing scene.
Well, that kind of sucks....  I was hoping not to do it so messily.  I was looking for a cleaner and easier way to manage.  Oh well, I'll see what else I can find then...  Thanks for answering.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have JS knowledge, you can create your own scene based off the Scene_Name that does it for you.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have JS knowledge, you can create your own scene based off the Scene_Name that does it for you.
Yeah....  I have no JS knowledge.  I can look at a plugin and maybe, maybe figure out a thing or two....  But I'm a long way from writing my own [even modifying one is a long way out].

McKathlin

Plugin dev, composer, artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Quxios, I'm getting a 404 error on all of your links to scripts and documentation; only the videos are working. Is anyone else having the same problem, and if they are, would you please look into it? Thanks!

Mythos Devlog

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The smart jump compadability patch's link doesn't work.

HentaiPie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of the links are broken :(

Al-Farizi

Lv 87 Warrior
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hwy

[Quasi] Input Version 1.03 MV

by Quasi

What it does:
This plugin adds extra input functionality. It adds more keys to allow for a keyboard input window and allows you to remap all default keys including the F keys.

Terms of use:
This does not follow my normal terms!! This is free to use for ALL projects, including commercial. This does not mean you can use any of the plugins that require this for free. You still have to follow the respective plugin's terms.
You are free to modify this script or create your own based off this and release them, I just ask you leave a special thanks to Quasi somewhere.

Full Documentation:
http://quasixi.com/mv/input/
https://github.com/quasixi/RPG-Maker-MV/blob/master/Documentations/Input.pdf

Links:
https://github.com/quasixi/RPG-Maker-MV/blob/master/Systems/QuasiInput.js

Plugins that use this:
Quasi Easy JSON
Quasi Name Input
Quasi Input Remap

Compatibility Patches:

Galvs Jump Ability

Example Videos:
Name Input:

Easy Json:

Input Remap:

Hey can you upload the name input again? Here plsss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.
MV and VX Ace both have good qualities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperSuck64