Quasi Movement

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    NO LONGER SUPPORTED
    Consider using QMovement which is still SUPPORTED!

[Quasi] Movement Version 1.2X MV

by Quasi

Goal:
    My aim for this movement script is to be able to make a game that looks and feels different then a RPG Maker game. This plugin will be a base script for a handful of addons which will help change how the game feels. This was originally created for games that use full custom graphics that shouldn't be grid based. But I like to create plugins that let you choose how differently it will act, giving you the option to still keep the original RPG Maker feel.

What it does:
    1. Changes how movement works in your game. Allows developer to choose how many pixels to move per movement. In better terms, allows developer to make characters have a pixel movement or still move by a grid like 48×48 or even 16×16.
    2. Collisions were completely rewritten. Characters now have bounding boxes surrounding them. If two boxes touch there will be a collision. Boxes can be set for each event and player character. Tiles automatically have boxes set to them depending on their passage ( 4 dir).
    3. Allows you to use an image as a collision map.

Sample Plugin Settings
    Settings for 32 grid pixel based (My VXA versions default)

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Settings for 32 grid non pixel based

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Settings for 48 grid non pixel based (Change movement back to MV defaults)

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Full Documentation:
    https://github.com/quxios/RPG-Maker-MV/blob/master/Documentations/Movement.pdf

* Recommended you view the documentation if planning on using. Or just to see what features it provides.

Links:
    Github
    Demo Download

Addons:
    Movement Plus
    Pathfinding
    Depths - Incomplete -
    Region Lock
    Line of Sight

Easy JSON Editor:
    https://github.com/quxios/RPG-Maker-MV/blob/master/Scenes/QuasiEZJSON.js

Patches:
    Yanfly
    Terrax Lighting
    Orange Lighting
    Some of these patches may not be needed anymore. Test without the patch first.

Other Notes:
    Using the .isMoving() function properly works now. If you started using the "stillMoving()" function, sorry about that! I swapped the function names to allow for compatibility with other scripts that will be calling .isMoving()

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. thespartanshow

thespartanshow Villager Member

I believe I did this right.. I enabled it in plugins, put it below YEP Core Engine, and put <bbox=36,24,6,24> in my main player's notes. But. .for some reason it's still moving the default way.

3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You mean players of my game can choose how many pixels they move? Isn't that a bit of a probable cause of problems?

4. Mako

Mako Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Image based per-pixel collision did it for me! No more parallax mapping everything just so, you are great! 

5. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Like it's still moving by grid instead of pixel based? Did you change any of the plugin settings?

Oh no, guess I just wrote that bad. Should have wrote developer instead of player.

Allows I forgot to mention that you shouldn't use this with any tile size changing script, because this will have serious compatibility issues. Hopefully I can fix this soon so people converting from ace and use this.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  6. Snake

Snake Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    This is really neat! But one problem which i report as Bug:
    When i use this plugin i encounter every 4/5 steps enemies. EVEN if i set the encounter step rate to 100. Not quit sure why

and i cannot find a option in the plugin that would explain this. If i disable it it works as intended. Anyone else noticed the same?

7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, that's most likely a bug. I didn't test encounter steps since I figured they worked the same as damage tiles. Guess not! Thanks for letting me know.

8. thespartanshow

thespartanshow Villager Member

Yeah it's still moving by grid. I haven't changed any of the plugin settings.

9. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Reading thru the scripts, Bounding box is different from the movement size... The default though is 1 pixel movement (the Grid property of the plug in)...

Seems to work fine for me, it's just not much visible if you press the arrow key too long

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  10. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah the player bounding box note tag is not related to the actual movement. The bounding box is used for collision detection ( from the video, in 1st post, the bounding box is the red box on top of the player ).

Push F8 while testing to open the console, if there's an error message related to my plugin show me a screenshot of the error. Because the only reason I can think of it not working is that my plugin isn't running at all.

You can also try disabling all of your plugins besides this one, play test, turn on a plugin, play test, repeat until you find the plugin where it stops working.

11. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Found a bug.

1. create a new map

2. Create an event

3. Set to autorun or parallel

4. Create one command: Erase event

Start project. Crash.

12. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh nice catch! I should have used "Game_Event.prototype.setupPageSettings" instead of "Game_Event.prototype.setupPage".

Encounter steps are also fixed now. The new updated version will be put up later today after I re-adding Region boxes since some of the users converting their projects from Ace asked me where that feature went.

This should also work with tile size changing with an easy fix, you just have to modify lines 247 and 250 and where you see the * replace it with *= I must have been so tired that I forgot the equal sign. The variable to set tile size is on line 204. This fix will also be included in the update.

13. Phalk

Phalk Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    This is an incredible script Quasi.

But I'm having a issue with it: I am currently unable to save the game while this is loaded. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

14. Codeless

Codeless Villager Member

First Language:
    Español
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!
    I love this Plugin, it's awesome :D
    I have a question, someday can this support diferent sprites for diagonal and Run movement?

15. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    YESSSSSS I'm gonna test this soon. Can't wait to make the next Resonate! Quasi, you have no idea how much I love this plugin and that script. XD

<3

I was waiting eagerly for it coming here.

Quxios likes this.
  16. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm that might be a bug. I remember the vxa one had a problem saving at first too. Hopefully it's the same problem so I can fix it easily lol. I'll put this on top priority for next update.

This might work with other plugins that do that. Might need a small compatibility patch for the diagonal sprites which I wouldn't mind making.

Thanks! Can't wait to see the next Resonate!

17. hermesisdead

hermesisdead Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Really dumb question, so we can use an image-overlay to create the collisions?
    Like, in your video you have the rounded collision, is that just an image you put in?

EDIT: I understand it a little bit more now, but actually what is the difference between the region map and the other one? Sorry haha i'm just trying to wrap my head around this, it's all new for me but I'd like to understand it better.

EDIT:2 also it appears I keep getting an error that says:     Type Error      Cannot read property 'list' of undefined     This is with eveyrhting set to default parameters, just putting in the default <bbox  code n the player comment, and adding my collision map image.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  18. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Collision Maps are for collisions and Region maps are just so you can make some pixel based regions and aren't related to collisions are all. Region maps. You can get the color you are on top of from the region map using "$gameMap.getPixelRegion(x, y)" so incase you want to event something where you have to be ontop of a certain region but don't want that region to be a square you can use pixel regions. This was also used for my "Region locking" script from ace, where you can only move on certain regions. Which will be converted to MV one day.

Do you have any events set up? That error is related to events, which I thought I had fixed.

19. Siul

Siul Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello there Quasi, I would like to say "amazing script" but I've found a problem when I download your plugin from github, would you mind to upload a downloadable .js?

I will show you a screen of what I see on the plugin manager (pretty diferent from it should be...)

shit.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
  20. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Siul How did you try to download it? I click on the Raw button then right click save as, and then save it into my js/plugins folder and loads up just fine.