ShinGadrian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, i just wanted to know if there has been a solution/fix for the bug with the smartjump of Yanfly?

I tested the patches at the start of the post but the jump still bug if you move less then the 48 pixel square.

Love the plugin and i just dont like the way that the engine restricts the player movement.

P.S: The new version of terraxlighting plugin (v1.3.1) are not the same line numbers anymore, in case anyone didnt know, but if you search for the function and replace it with Quasi code, it still works fine.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I downloaded the demo but the fairy can leave the swamp water and I can walk on top of it. :/

Edit: If I set grid to 1 pixel and use the mouse to click on an impassable tile, the player will walk to it and then rapidly switch between left/right direction (glitching). Let me know if you need a video, but it should be easy to reproduce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EmperorZelos Grab the regionlock addon

@ShinGadrian No never got around to it, and I won't be.

@Cinnamon Apparently I deleted the demo maps from my main / test project, so I can't test out that fairy issue.  As for the other issue, do you have the pathfind addon? If not then the issue is that without it, there is no pathfinding algorithm which is why it gets "stuck"

EmperorZelos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
@Quasi May I recommend you incorperate the system YEP has? Where as variables in the plug in you can pick a general region that has those properties? It's easier than having to use events for the player for example.

EmperorZelos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
@Quasi And that you have the opposite, region prohibition? Such that I can set where they CAN'T walk beyond the normal stuff?

And any moderators, something is seriously wrong! I tried to edit my previous post but the save button won't click! and when I leave it I can't post either until I reload the page!

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Quasi

Okay so as a follow-up to my previous post regarding the invisable property:

If you comment it out or replace it with the line you said to replace it with, this error occurs:

5af5cf7741.jpg

I haven't the foggiest of what this means but I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. :)

Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much for doing this! 

I made some original sprites but they were to skinny and the player collided with the air in front of other objects x'D

For a moment there I hought that I had to re-make everything to make them fit, but this saved me a lot of time, also solves my problems with custom tilesets, super useful! THANKS!!  :guffaw:

EDIT: Little feature suggestion

Do you think is possible to have in the box parameters two or three event types? Inside the event you define if is type1/type2/type3, each event type have can different box sizes. It may be useful for example how close the player is to a NPC vs an object (more space between the player & NPC and the player closer to the object).

citronpute

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi!

Is there a way to disable character's downward movements temporarily ? By using a script or something ? 

Or a way to disable some keys temporarily ?

Because i'd like to implement a mini-game in which the character will be a car (like below), and won't be able to drive down.

Sans titre.png

edit, i've found a way adding this script in an autoruun event:

var Alias_Game_Player_moveInputVertical = Game_Player.prototype.moveInputVertical;

Game_Player.prototype.moveInputVertical = function(dir) {

return;

};

trakpichu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just figured I'd pop in here to let you know with the new RPG Maker MV Update that displaying some collision boxes are bugged.

Like the players for example.

And maybe walking animations, but that could be a user error with the new Update.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see any issues, but you can try setting the parameter "Cache Colliders As Bitmap" to false. Caching colliders in newer pixi version offsets some of the sprites, so they don't appear in the correct spot. In the previous MV version you needed to cache them or the window rendering would mess up, but looks like they finally fixed that in the new MV

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't see any issues, but you can try setting the parameter "Cache Colliders As Bitmap" to false. Caching colliders in newer pixi version offsets some of the sprites, so they don't appear in the correct spot. In the previous MV version you needed to cache them or the window rendering would mess up, but looks like they finally fixed that in the new MV

Any luck on fixing the bug with the invisible properties? My friend doesn't know how to fix this. >.<

@Quasi

Okay so as a follow-up to my previous post regarding the invisable property:

If you comment it out or replace it with the line you said to replace it with, this error occurs:

5af5cf7741.jpg

I haven't the foggiest of what this means but I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. :)

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, I couldn't recreate the error on my test project, so I have no clue.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nope, I couldn't recreate the error on my test project, so I have no clue.

Okay let me see if I can help you reproduce.

In your qausi sight plugin go to line 87 and set the number to 2, go to line 401 and comment it out or replace it(the bug triggers either way on my end).

After you've done this, create a box with this event on the outside:

7849f7198c.png

then on the inner box line the inside with this event:

b3b5846cf5.png

Once you've done this, place an NPC with your usual sight comment commands, allow them to detect the player, then run into the box, the bug should trigger shortly or directly after you've attempted to enter the box which is supposed to make you invisible. 

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@deathsia Yeah that is pretty much how I had tested. Except I used the console to change the players visibility instead of plugin command. Also now that I looked at that error again, push F8 and see where that error is appearing from. Because that error is not from the sight plugin. ( sight does not use id property anywhere )

Necromedes

Artist, Composer and Eventer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just as a heads up, I think your demo may be broken. I have tried downloading it several times and it doesn't contain any map data (just blank rooms with your collider images,) character start is not set, etc...

When I try running the game, it gets stuck as a white screen and hangs there.

Note that I am running MV through steam, so perhaps that has something to do with it but I just thought that I should point out this potential issue.

EmperorZelos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Just as a heads up, I think your demo may be broken. I have tried downloading it several times and it doesn't contain any map data (just blank rooms with your collider images,) character start is not set, etc...

When I try running the game, it gets stuck as a white screen and hangs there.

Note that I am running MV through steam, so perhaps that has something to do with it but I just thought that I should point out this potential issue.

Did you make a new project and then copied everything from the download into your project folder?

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Necromedes If you're using an older version, redownload the demo. Some of the plugins were edited to work for mv 1.3. The issue you're having sounds like an issue with the old QuasiSnippets plugin

MajinSonic

CupHog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have another issue with the quasi movement. 

XCluOqUC3kY9uqVHSacDVdOor.png

It happens if I change the graphic of an event or the actor. (The other charset doesnt have a "Quasi Movement Tag" (I'm using an "_move") But the issue also happens If I use a normal charset and change it to a quasi movement charset.

bGLaM5ixgVS4PGTfcCqJ9mZHZ.png

I attatch the SpriteAnim.json.  Hope you can help me. 

View attachment SpriteAnim.json

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@deathsia Yeah that is pretty much how I had tested. Except I used the console to change the players visibility instead of plugin command. Also now that I looked at that error again, push F8 and see where that error is appearing from. Because that error is not from the sight plugin. ( sight does not use id property anywhere )

Okay, I think it MIGHT be yanfly's but idk here's a screen cap:

c89eacd0ed.png

And of what appears on screen when the crash occurs:

f42bcaa8e6.jpg

Anisoft

Great Desu King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really love this plugin, but I had one question. I tried changing the diagonal movement speed (trying to make it slower as to not make it faster then just going straight.) And when I set it something like 1 it slowed down the movement a lot, setting it to 10 would freeze movement for a bit (locking the player in place) 

I was just curious as to if this was a bug or am I using this part wrong.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Vehicle2 and SF_People2_8 added!
index.php

If I made an 8-bit-esque, dark fantasy tileset/graphics pack, would y'all be into that? Like, for Dark Souls demakes, Nintendo vampire wannabes, Castlevania ripoffs and such?

Working title: Alice's 8-bit Gothic. Do or not do? (Like do y'all even use 8-bit style graphics?)
I love editing things .
16b6a8abb5d27bf617d9b802cd5b868a.jpg

* Wall frames made with pencil photo and program photos, * Leaf and Pot, with cliché ideas of flowers
*bear on top of the closet belonging to the art of whtdragon lol.
No better feeling than part of a project just clicking into place without a single issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bansher