Quasi Movement

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Nov 1, 2015.

1. deathsia

deathsia Pegisister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay so I thought I knew how your region boxes thing worked but now I'm not so sure...

Just do me a favor and type out and value for the regionboxes.json that would make a bush terrian that the player can pass through with the bush effect active.

2. Anisoft

Anisoft Great Desu King Veteran

First Language:
    English

Be sure its a JSON file, and type 

{

"1": [
    {"width": 48, "height": 48, "tag": "<bush>"}
    ]
    }

1 is the region number. I was confused at first too, but this is the way your supposed to do it. 

3. deathsia

First Language:
    English
    odd, its still not passable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  4. Anisoft

First Language:
    English

Could you send a picture of ur plugin settings? (region related stuff)

5. deathsia

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and qausis documentation isn't eaxactly easy to follow and feels like he/she left out VITAL details in much of it...

6. Black Alchemy Games

Black Alchemy Games Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi there,

For some reason when the player in my game moves to the lower edge of a map it is blocked.   I have played about with the settings so that the player can move on the bottom row of tiles and move over the exit map event.  However once returning to this map the player can no longer walk on the lower row of tiles, meaning the exit events are blocked.

I have been wrecking my mind trying to work out what i have done wrong to make this not work :S

View attachment 47051

View attachment 47052

7. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible to exclude certain events from the zoomdepth feature?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  8. Shibas

Shibas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I am not sure if this was intended or a result of the change to 1.3 but i had to change my character collusion from (36,36,6,12) to (34,34,7,14) to pass it.

notPassableRegion.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  9. Aximm

Aximm Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Can somebody tell me how can I change the collider's size of a specific event ?

(By default, I set the events colliders to 48, 48, 0, 0  and I want the event to have a collider the same size than the player's )

10. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey,

After enabling Quasi Pathfinding, Quasi Depth and Quasi Movement, the "click to move" no longer works. I don't even see the little square effect where I click. I will only get the square effect if I click somewhere while I'm moving with the arrow keys, and even then all it does is increase my movement speed.

I checked the plugins and I DO have move on click enabled. Maybe I'm missing an option or it's a bug? Which function handles this, so I can check out the issue (if you don't already know what it could be)?

Thanks. :)

11. willer111

willer111 Hero Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello Quasi, I was just wondering if there were any possible way of moving the player character (and possibly events) back into the 48x48 original MV grid?

I've got several Move Routes that are incompatible with your plugin, but if I were just able to move the player back into the grid before the Move Route executes, then everything would work as supposed.

- The problem occurs when the player activate an Event while standing between tiles, resulting in the player getting stuck at some point in the move route...

12. deathsia

First Language:
    English
    use the through command then shut it off at the end of the movement sequence.

13. sithious

sithious Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovenian
    Hey, This script is exactly what i was looking for. I'd like to introduce some scenes with perspective and being able to use an image as a collision boundary and per-pixel movement is a lifesaver. 

One thing I'd love to see (not sure if that's something being worked on or not), would be an add on allowing me to control how my character resized on the Y axis based on the map I'm using. Meaning I can make him look bigger closer to the camera and reduce in size toward the horizon. 

Awesome job, and thanks for the hard work!

EDIT: Derp, just saw you handled that feature using regions. It looks a bit rough snapping like that but It is what I was looking for, so I'll see if I can't prototype something out and post it here for preview.

EDIT2: Ok, so It really seems less than ideal the Y axis region zoom. I can't quite get it to transition smoothly. If there's any way to provide a more elegant solution, It's do me a great deal of good. 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
  14. willer111

willer111 Hero Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry, that'll just make the characters walk through the walls...

15. Anisoft

First Language:
    English
    Quick question, is there a way with the Pathfinding extension plugin to allow whatever is following you to stop before a particular distance from you? I am also curious if I can prevent whatever is following you not to take priority for event interaction. Like if the thing is following you, and set to through. It still takes priority over an event on the ground. I'd like to prevent that from happening if possible. 

Awesome plugin!

16. gece

gece Villager Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Touchscreen plugins like YEP_PictureCommonEvents or MBS_MobileDirPad not working with Quasi Movement, is there any solution for this

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  17. Ser Gob

Ser Gob Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is this still working for 1.3.1? I can't get the collision map to work.

NVM. It works on my project but not on the plugin demo.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
  18. trakpichu

trakpichu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I'm dropping by to say that I think I may have found an obscure bug.

While not sure why, I've noticed that by using "Datamanger.loadSave(index)" while this plugin is installed, will cause the game to sometimes crash.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2016
  19. Authumbla

Authumbla Listen To My Soundcloud Fam? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've run into a bit of a problem with parallax mapping. Specifically, despite prefixing my parallaxes with a !, the map fails to centre on the player, and in addition, the space in which the character can move is represented by a black box...but only when the grid size is set to 1x1 and the size of the tiles is 16x16. 

[​IMG]

When the tile size is set to 48, this problem does not occur. 

Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

20. Aximm

Aximm Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    I wanted to know if there is a plugin command to enable/disable/edit the grid movement, like for certain map, use normal movement, for other 12 pixel grid and for others, 1 pixel grid.

I hope you understand what I just wrote =v=

And thank you if you tell me wich plugin command it is.