Quasi Movement

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Nov 1, 2015.

1. lonewolph

lonewolph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How do I remove a collider for an event?

2. mike7

mike7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The only way I know how is to have a switch set that then flags a new page on the event with the priority set to "below characters" so it ignores the collision. If there's a cleaner way of removing the collision, then someone please let us know.

3. mike7

mike7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I just downloaded the plugin and started testing with it and I'm getting errors with the Collision Map option.

When I create a collision map and set "<cm=!CollisionMap2>" in the notes of the map I've created, put the image of the name "!CollisionMaps2.png" in the parallaxes folder that has the red color set for the collision as #ff0000, and test the map, I can see the collision bounding image, because the "Show Boxes" plugin setting is set to "true", but there is no collision occurring at all and my character just moves right through the collision map as if it doesn't exist.

See the attached images showing my character is moving right through the collision and the exact collision map I created.

Does anyone know what settings I should change or how I can get the collision map to work for me?

I'm using RPG Maker MV version 1.3.3 for Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

CollisionNotWorking.png

!CollisionMap2.png

4. eslabon

eslabon Member Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone know if there is a plugin command or script call to disable this plugin for just one map?

I'm using Quasi Movement and Quasi ABS on one map, but on another map I'm using Sanshiro's map generator (http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51808-map-generator/) to generate a random map each time. I think since the map is randomly generated each time, the movement script can't set up the colliders. After entering the randomly generated map, the player can pass through any tile there. (Walls, ceilings, etc.)

If I can disable this plugin when entering the random map and enable it again when leaving, that should provide a workaround. Thank you in advance for your help!

5. Merancapeman

Merancapeman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think I'd love to use this script and it's wonderful functionality if you could enable this for only players. However, the tedious necessity for moving NPC's is far more work than I have the time for, being that I'm solo on this project. Thank you for your hard work!

6. ladubois

ladubois Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Excellent script, absolutely love it, however I'm trying to use it in conjunction with Shaz's Map Edge Transfer script which this is preventing from working properly. I thought that it was simply because the collision detection for map edges was triggering before the other script was able to activate, but it still isn't working after expanding the boundaries (I added a +/-1, as appropriate, to the equations on lines 642 through 645). Any ideas as to what else could be causing the conflict? Incidentally, I'm not planning to have any "bare" map borders unless they transfer to another map, so that's why I thought I'd go ahead and expand the borders to see if that would fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2016
  7. eslabon

eslabon Member Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I was able to find a solution to the issue I was having. I was picking through the code and saw a reloadAllBoxes function. It goes through the tiles on the map and adds collider boxes to the tiles as needed. My theory was correct that the random map was being generated after that function call so it didn't have a chance to set up the colliders.

To fix the issue, I added the following script call after the plugin command that generates the random map:

$gameMap.reloadAllBoxes();

It works great now! No more walking through walls and ceilings. :)

Vassim74 likes this.
  8. mike7

mike7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm glad it's now working for you, eslabon, but calling the following script "$gameMap.reloadAllBoxes();" still doesn't make the map colliders work on my map.

I'm using QuasiMovement.js version 1.299 with RPG Maker MV version 1.3.3 for Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.

Can anyone get the collision map working with the same plugin version, newest version of RPG Maker MV and Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6?

9. jobar

jobar WonderLang Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi everybody,

I am using quasi sprite and quasi movement. But I am experiencing 4 minor issues:

1. I enabled diagonal movement and I am using diagonal sprites with quasi sprites. It is working fine for my main character, however the followers are moving diagonally but they are not using their diagonal sprite animations.

2. The main character sprite sometimes disappear for 1 or 2 frames during a movement, it happens most of the time during the transition of a normal movement to a diagonal movement.

3. Characters are not moving diagonally with mouse movement. And when they get stuck, the sprite gets crazy. 

thanks for any help. 

10. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

1 and 3:
    I'm not sure but i think you need to use another plugin for a perfect diagonal movement with mouse and followers i have tested this some time ago and it works perfect

2:

In this point there's more possibility it's hard to define without see the project, but if you use 2 different files for normal and diagonal movement it may happen

because the engine change the file, and if is that, it happen only at startup or a game load, and happen only one time, then it's ok.
    That happen because RMMV need to preload resources before use that, so a possible solution is to create a pallale event on the corner on the map at startup who do something like this:

Parallel process
    this event set move route trasparent ON
    change graphic (Set normal movement main character to this event)
    change graphic (Set diagonal movement main character to this event)
    erase event

Doing this, you create a sort of maual preloader, so the engine load the resource file, then when you use it for main character there's no more lag.

It happen to me in my project, and after several research i have do that to fix. 

Lag happen the first time for any kind of resource so you can use that trick for everything who lag.

Hope it was helpful!

Best

11. jobar

jobar WonderLang Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for your reply, I will try this evening. Should I use "Analog move" together with Quasi sprite and quasi movement?

For the 2. Actually I am using the Quasi sprite plugin and the diagonal and normal direction sprites are on the same sprite sheet. So I don't think it is a load issue. I will try nevertheless.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  12. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Analog move is an alternative to Quasi Movement, and have pixel movement, diagonal, mouse reaction to any direction Player and Followers so if you use that you can't use Quasi Movement.

For increase frames you can use with Analog Move, Moreframe plugin.

You need to do some test to find the right balance.

13. ladubois

ladubois Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm trying to use it in conjunction with Shaz's Map Edge Transfer script which this is preventing from working properly. I thought that it was simply because the collision detection for map edges was triggering before the other script was able to activate, but it still isn't working after expanding the boundaries (I added a +/-1, as appropriate, to the equations on lines 642 through 645). Any ideas as to what else could be causing the conflict? Incidentally, I'm not planning to have any "bare" map borders unless they transfer to another map, so that's why I thought I'd go ahead and expand the borders to see if that would fix it.

14. OKIComputer

OKIComputer Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    How does per-tile stuff like poison status effects or random encounters work with movement granularity below 48 or whatever the tile size is?

15. Ninekorn

Ninekorn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi guys I got a question. Is it possible to make events use diagonal movement too. I toggle diagonal on/off in the quasi pluggin options and it is not working. Has anyone figured out how to make it work?

16. Nachorl250

Nachorl250 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    If you're using the pathfinding and chase scriptcalls there's no diagonal movent. If you're using moveroutes you can do qmove with directions 1,3,7,9 to move the event diagonally to the down-left, down-right, up-left and up-right respectively. 

17. Potatolord

Potatolord Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Can someone link me a tutorial or guide. For some reason the original documentaion links dont work. Also if anyone has toguide/documentation for the others: line of sight, pathfinding could you please link that too. thanks :).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  18. thesheepmancometh

thesheepmancometh Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I would also really appreciate the documentation for the pathfinding plugin. The link to the (incomplete) depth plugin also seems to be broken. Does anyone happen to have that?

19. Ninekorn

Ninekorn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for your fast response NachorI250. The AI uses the same Charset as me and so by using qmove direction 1,3,7 or 9 the AI moves diagonally and the diagonal charset

animation is also used. Im very glad for this but that doesn't make the AI smarter. I have to put <noAI> in the enemy database notes to make use of qmove and so the AI just moves in the directions I tell it too. I'd also love to have the latest documents on the Quasi movement 1.299 script. Has anyone got it?

Oh also i tried using the commands for changing the collision box of an event to a circle instead of a box but the commands aren't working. the only documentation I got on this is the old saved webpage that is attached to my post here.

View attachment Movement.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
  20. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sadly even I don't have any of the old docs. I had thought I edited my old plugins and put the docs in the headers. Guess I never did lol. Also don't have access to any of those old files as I deleted the ones on my comp and just checked my host and it was wiped there as well. Though you can use one of those caching sites and find snapshots of my old site.

Also just looked at that doc, and that pretty much covers everything in the latest movement versions. Newer versions didn't add much features, just fixed bugs.

Edit. Also just looked and changing collider does work. But the collider image won't change unless you 'reset' the map ( ex; open menu and close it )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017