Quasi Movement

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Nov 1, 2015.

1. thesheepmancometh

thesheepmancometh Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Does anyone mind giving me the basic pathfinding syntaxes, in that case? I'd basically just like to be able to have the player pathfind to a given location on the map. I'd also bow before anyone who might happen to have a copy of the depths plugin, even in whatever incomplete state that it may be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Anisoft

Anisoft Great Desu King Veteran

First Language:
    English

Sorry to be a bother but is it possible for someone here to link the old doc? Or if someone has a pdf of it... It was really useful and its sad to see it go. Maybe if you could change the link to the doc to the cached doc instead? 

4. Ninekorn

Ninekorn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you quasi for your input.

5. Potatolord

Potatolord Villager Member

First Language:
    English

Anisoft likes this.
  6. Devian

Devian Villager Member

Anisoft likes this.
  7. Anisoft

Anisoft Great Desu King Veteran

First Language:
    English

Oh wow perfect! :D  Thanks, I don't know if that was already linked in OP, but thanks for providing it if it wasn't!

8. Devian

Devian Villager Member

Has anyone had this problem,by the way? I can't make the others follow the hero using Quasi Movement. They refuse walk diagonally and it looks terrible... :)

9. Ninekorn

Ninekorn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi again community. Does anybody know how to call the isMoving() function from a conditional branch script call?

DevianFir. I was told that the Quasi Movement diagonal doesn't work with enemies. I don't know if it is the same for followers though. I'm trying to make my own pathfinding solution using conditional statements in the event page to add diagonal movement for enemies when they chase the main character but that will mean I won't use Quasis pathfinding even though it's such a nice implementation to rpg maker. That doesn't mean I'll succeed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
  10. Nachorl250

Nachorl250 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    From the RMMV Script Calls list:

$gameMap.events()[eventID].isMoving()

11. Ninekorn

Ninekorn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Wow I'm so bad I thought this was a quasi movement function and couldn't find it while going through the movement pdf doc. Lol. Thx Nachor. And Thx DevianFir for the movement pdf

12. henry tinklemeyer

henry tinklemeyer Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there a way to change the player's and followers' bounding boxes during play, maybe with a script call like setPassability()?  I know I can set new ones for events on each event page, but couldn't figure out an easy way to change the hard-set ones for the player, vehicles, etc.

For context, I want to implement a sort of faked land vehicle concept where an event changes sprite sets for the player and his followers to mounted sprites, and then use your passability function to let them pass suitable terrain. This seems to work pretty well, other than that their set bounding boxes which are good for their normal sprites causes the (significantly) larger mounted sprites to clump together very closely.  

Oh, I was also having trouble with setting unique hitboxes for different followers.  It looks like their hitboxes are overwritten with the plugin's Player Box setting instead of preferentially taking on defined bounding boxes in their notes? I might be missing something, but it seemed to be a bug.

Any help would be super appreciated!  Your plugin has been great to use, thanks for creating it!

13. uriaphe

uriaphe Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, I'm new on RPG Maker MV and i'm using this script in the latest version 1.3.4 from a macbook. I encounter bugs on collision map based on picture. When my collision map are red (ff0000), the collision don't work at all. But when i'm using an other color, it's working. But when i'm trying to export my project to web version, only pixel movement work but the collision map is inexistant :s. Does anyone have this problem too?

Thank you.

14. jobar

jobar WonderLang Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I am still struggling to find a pixel movement plugin that works with a diagonal sprite plugin, I tested many configurations, but nothing works.

Can you tell me exactly which plugin you used? I cannot find the "Moreframe" plugin

thanks

15. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I don't use diagonal sprite plugin, but i remember in some old test, i was able to ahve pixel movement and diagonals.
    Do some test, with quasi, or analog move, and ask to them because i have deleted old project and i can't help you sorry.

16. Anceptious

Anceptious Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks @Quxios for the great plugin, it's made my game a lot more realistic and really easy to use!

I didn't realise there was a newer version of the plugin, I upgraded and it seems to have fixed the issue I originally posted about ("Initializing Events OX and OY" wasn't applying to the second/third pages of events), thanks again for the such a useful tool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
  17. pajlada

pajlada Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Has anyone found any parameters that can be changed/disabled to make this plugin work with Yanfly Region Restrictions. I'm using these plugins together with Yanfly doodads so it should be understandable why I'd like to at least be able to work inside the actual map editor (Yanfly doodads doesn't show anything placed inside of the game on the map editor.)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  18. Anceptious

Anceptious Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I realise this is cross plugin functionality, but was wondering if anyone has any experience using Quasi's Collision Maps alongside @Hudell 's Orange Overlay?

I can't combine the functionality of both.

If I set the Collision Map as the "Parallax Background" in Map Properties (with <cm=!CollisionMap....> in Notes) it works fine when I use tiles in RPG Maker MV.

But if I try use Overlay - by removing tiles to use "<Ground>" as a layer via Orange Overlay, the collision map disapears and doesn't work. I've also tried setting the Collision Map as the "<par>" value to no luck either.

I've also tried re-arranging the order of the Plugins but it didn't help.

If anyone can help - would really appreciate it, thank you.

19. Hamsterjelly

Hamsterjelly Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great script!!
    I have just one question, this might sound silly but will this script allow me to set different movement options for different maps?
    ie. Using pixel movement for one map and using grid based movement for an another map

20. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru [Null_Value] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can you put up a working link for the Yanfly Event Chase patch? The one on the original post isn't working.

Edit: Nevermind that, I missed you added that feature to your pathfinding plugin. I'll give that a whirl.