Quasi Simple Shadows

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I came here to ask about the terms of use for this plugin, specifically for commercial projects, since Quasi's site is down. It looks like I may not be the only one asking.

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I came here to ask about the terms of use for this plugin, specifically for commercial projects, since Quasi's site is down. It looks like I may not be the only one asking.
Viewed Quasi's site forever ago back while it was up, can be used for commercial or non-commercial as long as credit is given.

Lady_Elva

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I am still new to the game making scene and I'm not familiar with Github, how do I download the file?

jakr8911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
it doesn't work, error blurfilter undifend. can someone help me

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Quasi! Is it possible to add a region restriction to the shadows? like if I would put a region on a certain tile, lets say a roof, the shadow wouldn't appear there? Thanks!

Ihsman07

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it doesn't work, error blurfilter undifend. can someone help me
I've been having the same issue. If I turn off the shadow blur, it works just fine, but it doesn't with it.

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Quxios Hello, I found out Simple Shadows isn't fully compatible with Terrax Lighting. Would you please like to fix that?

The following problem occurs: If you have 3 maps chained together without #3 connected to #1, and start at map #2. First you walk to map #1, the framerate stays at 60fps. Then you walk back to #2, still at 60fps. But then you walk to map #3 and it goes to 14-15fps (sometimes rpgmv says "I'll give you 30 to F off" or even lower at 6fps). This also is the case if you go to map #3 first and map #1 last. This only happens when Terrax Lighting is turned on at the same time as Quasi Simple Shadows.
Thanks in advance!

dork

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I am still new to the game making scene and I'm not familiar with Github, how do I download the file?
I think you just copy the text into a program like bbedit and save it

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is there a way to get this plugin to stop lagging my map? am i missing something? I have a map with lots of lights and when i put in the events for the note <shadowsource> the whole map runs slow and glitchy.

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is there a way to get this plugin to stop lagging my map? am i missing something? I have a map with lots of lights and when i put in the events for the note <shadowsource> the whole map runs slow and glitchy.
Took me a while to discover it was Simple Shadows. I think the lag has to do with the version of MV otherwise it would've been noticed way earlier.

And there isn't a fix that I'm aware of...

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Took me a while to discover it was Simple Shadows. I think the lag has to do with the version of MV otherwise it would've been noticed way earlier.

Any idea how to go about getting it fixed? I love the idea of this plug in and want to use it so bad but i know just enough JS to get me in trouble... and i've come so far i don't want to screw up anything now.

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gothicvoid if I had any idea on how to fix it I would've told you, wouldn't I? I want this plugin to work just as bad as you but I can't write code yet, let alone tinkering with someone else's code.

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gothicvoid if I had any idea on how to fix it I would've told you, wouldn't I? I want this plugin to work just as bad as you but I can't write code yet, let alone tinkering with someone else's code.
i wasnt trying to be rude. sorry. it was just a question.

Lady_Elva

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing that I could possibly think of is to reduce which items have the shadow source and only use the items that are closest to where you have light as your main shadow source. Aside from that, there's not much else you can do. You could get a plug in from yanfly to help with your vsynch but otherwise, not a whole lot else I can think of.

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing that I could possibly think of is to reduce which items have the shadow source and only use the items that are closest to where you have light as your main shadow source. Aside from that, there's not much else you can do. You could get a plug in from yanfly to help with your vsynch but otherwise, not a whole lot else I can think of.
Only putting one instance of light source causes the laggy stuff. I'll think of something.

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

The way to optimize this is to use the "<noShadow> tag on as many events that don't need shadows. Even events with no actual image contribute to lagging maps. However, if all the events that don't need shadows have the "<noShadow> tag applied (including the light sources themselves), you should see a drastic improvement in map performance.

This is something I discovered running into the same issue on certain maps, and it works well for me.

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way to optimize this is to use the "<noShadow> tag on as many events that don't need shadows. Even events with no actual image contribute to lagging maps. However, if all the events that don't need shadows have the "<noShadow> tag applied (including the light sources themselves), you should see a drastic improvement in map performance.

This is something I discovered running into the same issue on certain maps, and it works well for me.
YEET it works :)
Thank you!

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is this plugin basically for compensating graphics that do not have shadows?

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if this plugin could be adapted to use in conjunction with a day/night cycle system. Perhaps with some command to "turn off" cast shadow during the day?
I've also seen in some games that throughout the day the shadow turns around the character to give a sense of the "sun walking". That would be soooo cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Rylo