Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello guys ! Hope you're going good. I need your help today.

I will go straight : I want to make a quest board. Like : I'm making a guild system (you name it and you have lots of stuff, warehouse, bank etc,

BUT. I'm doing 3 quest boards : Simple, for lv 30 minimum, Medium, for lv 50 and Expert for lv 70. What I want is to create something that calls up a scene where (when you have the required level - what i'll decide with variables set from the player's level - you can navigate through the difficulties) you can do, validate and validate quests.

For the quests, I think the Gameus could do the thing but what I want is just a scene where I can see, chose, and unlock quests.
Thanks in advance.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Because you are wanting a new scene, this will require a plugin.

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
'Kay, thanks, so.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to give more details if you want a plugin done to your own specifications, like how should the quest data be entered into the plugin.
or use one of the existing quest journal plugins, which will not have your division into three boards.

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think that the data may be available by entries from variables. Like when variable =/> x, unlock z or y quest. (Idk if I'm understandable enough)
If possible 3 or 4 modes : Easy, medium, hard, expert
You can access to them from a quest board and they could be seeable like in a quest log you have in the menu. (Like in the Gameus or Galv(?) or Yanfly plugins, I think.

Hope I provided enough, please tell me if more are needed.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Iliassine
there is one way I know off and saw it before which is, make a text or choice menu (SRD_WindowUpgrade would be a good example)
which can toss you a window screen with text like:

Which quest do you want to take?
Make a choice menu and a variable for its index, when taking part of a quest, accept that that quest to the quest journal
Yanfly or gameus one (upgraded one)

There might be other ways to achieve it, like a simple choice menu, when 1: this text make choice in that accept, decline,
when accept, add quest, if decline, close window.

I hope im clear enough for this explaination in a way you want?

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, thanks. I'll check it out as soon as possible ! Thanks for you tips, also ! Very grateful !

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey ! Sorry for the time, as we were ending the school year ! It seems that, crossing it with Galv Quest Plugin, I'm able to make one good quest board. This isn't what I exactly shot to, but it is indeed a real good one and simple one that anyone can do. Thanks a lot, I also ask to keep the post open if someone ever comes up with an idea ever. Much obliged.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv is something i dont understand specially on a txt file.

Gameus is something which is easy and very easy to use with plugin commands.
But everyone choose their best quest plugin which seems to works best for them.

Gameus for example doesn't have a quest window like yanfly does to keep track.
I'm not sure if galv had it.

But as long your happy, continue on it ^^

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Haha, yes sorry, I was in a rush and didn't pay attention enough. I'm using the Gameus, if this is the one with a standalone where you can setup quest using variables and must be put in your project folder.

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks. If needed, I will sometimes talk about it if there ever is a topic where we can introduce our projects.

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump ; Once added into my project after trying it in my personnal project, it created a problem "Maximum call stack size Exceeded". I will try to dig it before making another post.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
try not to double post. But stack size exeeded is mostly a problem if the plugin is in the wrong order or cannot
call an event that doesn't exist.

The cool thing on gameus (in my opnion) and play with it a little, I put a mark on them when its compleeted or failed.
both works nice, but I make something that can never fail anyway but couldn't find a way to drop that out as well
to keep track only for Progress and compleeted instead of "all", "progress", "Compleeted" and "failed".

but the new version is very nice made, specially that you can assign categories :)

Make sure the quest exist, place the exe in the main root of your project and load the JS (this will be done when
you install gameus to your project.

There isn't any tutorial on them, but im probably planning on doing it when I got time and not existed yet
during that time.

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
The problem is from something with the super tool engine, as when I disable it, all works back.

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm gonna post if I don't come up with something tomorrow.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they should work, place gameus below super tool plugin. around the bottom in the utility section :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrimCr