First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
QUEST FOR THE BEST PIE CRUST!

Genres: Adventure and RPG

Flavors: Modern

Synopsis:
This was a project that I made for a class I'm taking at college called "Growing Fruits for Fun and for Profit." Each week we would attend a lecture presented by a professor or researcher discussing a specific topic relating to agriculture. At the end of the semester, we had to create a small project that incorporated several of the topics discussed. This project is centered around the controversies surrounding transgenic foods and the gaps in opinion and knowledge that exist between the public, corporate, and scientific communities. It attempts to present two opposing sides (pro-transgenic and organic) equally and comment on many of our misconceptions and fears about genetically engineered food.

Basically, you play as a mom who needs to buy some pie crust to bake a pie for her kids. When you go to the store to buy some, however, they have run out of your favorite brand and you have to make a choice between the organic and transgenic varieties. There are two different endings as a result. There are also battles!

There are about 15 minutes of gameplay to reach each ending.

Characters:

PQfYGFt.png

Mom - Needs to get some pie crust for her kids.

Does not have a very enthusiastic personality

zumTT8z.png

Some Lady - I tried asking her for her name, but she wouldn't stop talking on her phone.

Seems to have a pretty enthusiastic personality

F2Ujn1z.png

Store Manager - His lifelong goal is to provide customer service to every last person in the world, including himself.

Has too much enthusiasm in his personality

Setting:
A parallel world that mimics our world precisely, except for the fact that people have grey skin and unnecessarily large ears.

Screenshots:

zIHntCN.png
IuoPCYe.png

1TzzZHN.png

NVJ0nqb.png

vZL5UJW.png
Known Issues:
I had my roommate test this and tested it pretty extensively myself. There shouldn't be any issues.

Credits:
Graphics – Created by me using GIMP (yeah, not very good...), also used RTP graphics
Music – used RTP tracks
Sound Effects – Various effects from freesound.org, often edited using Audacity. A detailed list of SFX and their respective owners is contained in the "read me" file. Also used RTP SFX
Resources and Factual Sources – A detailed list of resources and factual sources and their respective persons is contained in the "read me" file

Hope you enjoy the game! And feel free to use any of the custom art resources I've created in your own projects, not that many of them are that good anyway, hehe...

DOWNLOAD:

Pie Crust (RTP is included)

As it is an executable file from DropBox, your browser's security settings may attempt to block the download. You'll have to work around that, I'm afraid.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

MythicRuss wrote on gothicvoid's profile.
hi, i was looking thru ur awesome stuff, and was looking around the internet, how in the heckin heck do i get the hiddendoors to open? im addng them to the doors event but they just appear as solid walls, btw am total noob lol
currently working on some template sprites and tweaking the walk cycle :)
Lunee.jpg
Early try to draw our Demon Countess, who destroyed her own soul leaving just an empty shell of a body - until our heroine unwillingly takes possession of it, every time she falls asleep.
(I know it’s a premade face from the Dark Fantasy Set, but I spent so much time with her, that I can’t bring myself to change the sprite anymore xD)
I finished setting up my new desk and apparently she thinks this is where she goes now.

20210411_082331.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garlock