codinghard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am very new to the program. My conditional branch will not be taken in account for some reason. Even if the player doesn't complete the quest, the npc will give them the reward. The player is supposed to finish the quest by giving an axe, yet even if he has nothing in the inventory the quest will be completed when pressing "yes". The "else" branch is completely dismissed.
I do not understand how to make it so the quest stops completing itself by just pressing yes.
Here's my coding, learned from Venthros's video. :(

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.png
    2.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.png
    3.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 9

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That all seems fine to me. Are you SURE you don't have it in inventory? Are you using any scripts? I know there's at least one that puts a heap of items in inventory for you when the game starts.

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have the "include equipment" box checked and, since you said you are very new and thus likely haven't done any removal of default assets, this probably means you have the default character Eric in the party... who happens to come equipped with that particular weapon. I suggest you change it to something else and see if the issue remains.

codinghard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You have the "include equipment" box checked and, since you said you are very new and thus likely haven't done any removal of default assets, this probably means you have the default character Eric in the party... who happens to come equipped with that particular weapon. I suggest you change it to something else and see if the issue remais
You just saved my entire life. I am such an idiot, didn't even think that the character might be given equipment automatically. Thank you so much omg!!! :kaocry:
Also sorry for being a noob and wasting time. :hswt:

codinghard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That all seems fine to me. Are you SURE you don't have it in inventory? Are you using any scripts? I know there's at least one that puts a heap of items in inventory for you when the game starts.
Apparently it was because of the equipment the character spawns with. I am sorry for wasting your time but I am very grateful for helping to me. Have a wonderful day!!! :kaoluv:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 3 more days to get your copy of Move That Box! with -15% discount!
1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking