quest items

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by dylansgames, Jan 25, 2014.

1. dylansgames

dylansgames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I need to have 5 slime balls for a quest to be completed. How do I set it so that the guy requires 5 slime balls.

2. Zoltor

Zoltor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just add a event/NPC that adds the items.

(in the command list, go to)Party/change item, increase by how many you want to give your player.

You may want to spend some time familiarizing your self with the event commands, and what each one does, it will make figuring things out much easier.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    @Zoltor - I think what he wants is so that the event will look for 5 slime balls in the inventory...

To do that:

Set a variable (using Change Variables command) to the number of slime balls in the inventory (I think it's on the 2nd tab of the Change variable option)

then just check that variable using a conditional branch... (and reduce the slime balls by 5 if you want)

4. Zoltor

Zoltor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh ok, I thought he wanted to give the party 5 slime balls woops lol.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You need to use variables to do any counting in the game.
    To know how to use variables is one of the very basics for making any non-basic interactions in RM, and if you don't know that yet, please search the forum for the "variable guide" - that is a game that teaches you how to use variables.

You can also find the link to that in the tutorial I wrote as a starting point for beginners - follow the link in my signature to read that.

Shinma likes this.