slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am using this quest script and need some help: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=45127.0
I need to figure out how to make it read when I have a quest that requires me to kill x amount of enemies then once I do that then I can turn it in. How would I do this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's just a quest journal. It's up to you to determine when the quest is given and when it's completed, not up to the script to keep track of stuff for you.

So when you get a quest that requires you to kill X amount of enemies, you have to add the quest to the journal, and you have to track the enemies that you kill from that point on, and then you have to check if enough have been killed to complete the quest, and update the journal to say it's been completed.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's just a quest journal. It's up to you to determine when the quest is given and when it's completed, not up to the script to keep track of stuff for you.

So when you get a quest that requires you to kill X amount of enemies, you have to add the quest to the journal, and you have to track the enemies that you kill from that point on, and then you have to check if enough have been killed to complete the quest, and update the journal to say it's been completed.
Vlues basic quest system had an addon that used a switch to turn on if you won a battle and then if the switch was turned on then the amount of that enemy that you beat would be able to be put into the number for the quest and then after that battle the switch would be turned off. I was using vlues quest script and the addon but I liked the look and feel of MA script.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then you would need a similar script to be written to do this for MA's quest journal.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How would I do this?
It cannot be done with random battles, not unless you get a patch for that specific feature or perhaps do it in the troop tab, but you can do it by eventing without too much difficulty.

set your quest with an objective reading something like
q[:objectives][1] = "Kill Count \\V[1]"

then when you do an evented battle you just add one to the variable.
You also need to complete the quest when the variable is at the number you decide.
Conditional branch: variable[0001:monsters killed] >= X
complete_objective(questid,X)

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It cannot be done with random battles, not unless you get a patch for that specific feature or perhaps do it in the troop tab, but you can do it by eventing without too much difficulty.

set your quest with an objective reading something like
q[:objectives][1] = "Kill Count \\V[1]"

then when you do an evented battle you just add one to the variable.
You also need to complete the quest when the variable is at the number you decide.
Conditional branch: variable[0001:monsters killed] >= X
complete_objective(questid,X)
How would I do it in the troops tab? I will be using the event setup that you described, but I wanted to know how to do it in the troops tab so if I do end up doing one that is for random battles I know how.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not too hard
1590691079552.png
or you could maybe do some code that add 1 to the variable when the battle is won. But if you want to count each enemy and have it tally up even if your character runs away, then do the troop page condition

Reactions: BCj

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Meet the crew...Arrrr!
Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rai1209