Quest Maker 1.1 for Galv's Quest Log Plugin (MV)

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't feel like to write whole new promo text for this forum, so I just use what I used on Itch.io and inside this tool text

Quest Maker was designed as an addition to the one of the best plugins for RPG Maker MV, wich is Galv Quest Log, created by Galv. Many people complain about complex structure of file wich contains quests used by this plugin and this tool is to help people to create such file.

If you have any question regardless of this software or any troubles with using it, please feel free to contact me by my Facebook page. All questions will be answered and this my personal guarantee.
ss1.png
ss2.png
ss3.png

Example Usage:

ss4.png

In game Result:
ss5.png

Main issue:
- When you have installed Yanfly's Message Core plugin, then WordWrapping may extend your descriptions line beyond right side of screen, cutting text, so you need manually cut text so the lines will break as they should.

+ Created and tested on Windows 7 64bit, should work also on Windows 10.

You can download it at my Itch.io site

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
while I dont use galv questlog, even it's the most complex one without
the editor, you done a fine job creating one for the people that use it.

keep up the nice work, I wonder why galv didn't made one on the beginning?
but this helps alot of people that loves galv plugins :)

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's probably Galv thought everyone can handle creating text file with quest manually, but the header structure of file is a little complcated and it includes two different separators, colon and | char and it's easy to lost what to put where.

I'm glad I can help this community with this small tool, but it still needs improvements... I'm terribly dissapointed with code I made it in this tool, but what matters... It works.

Thank you @ShadowDragon for kind words. :)

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Minor Update:
11:42 2021-06-19
- Added feature to load custom quest categories
(just edit categoties.gqc file with any text editor)
- Quests ID now have autoincrement value, so quests won't go into confilct
- Some optimization in code.
Screenshot_1.png

Download

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png
16 Hr Video Course on MZ? Huge DLC Pack from MZ's RTP Artist | RPG Maker News #110

I spent the past couple of days transferring my RM2K3 project over to RMMV. I upscaled everything 3x and it looks so cute I can't T_T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI