I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Game Makers,

I'm here with another post to share the resources I found after looking for the best 'Quest' System for my mv project, I hope this will help some people who looking in general or for specific needs in a 'Quest' System for their game.

(Poss/Cones will be added for some of them but you should still check for yourself what works the best for you).

If this post helps you make sure to press the 'Like' button and share it with your friends.

GS_QuestSystem.js
Poss:
One o the best 'quest' system for RPGMV at this moment the open for anyone.
Note: It could take some time to set it up and understand how it works.

Quest Journal (by LTN Games) [Direct] [External Editor]

Required: LTN 'core' plugin, get it by clicking here.

Some Features:

- Includes a quest editor so you can easily create your quests using a GUI interface and not bore yourself with note-tags or JSON files.
- Run a common event when a quest starts
- Create your own custom categories for quests.
- Change the font size for each block of text.
- Control the flow of your quests with over 10 script calls and 6 plugin commands.
and more...

Galv_Quest Log [Site link here].
Poss:
The easiest system to set up (for me anyway), you have a 'Demo' you can use to copy posts.

YEP Quest Journal
Poss: Great Functions, not too hard to setup.

PH - Quest Book [Site link here]
Allow you to create a quest book that can be managed by a single common event and plugin commands.

MrTS_Quest Log [Site link here]
Tracks quests, awards players for completing them.

*** And as always, if you know any plugin/system I didn't mention here feel free to comment below and after checking it I will add it to the list.

Happy Game Making!
TGA

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow!
That is a nice thing to do for the community!
I also had this idea a long time ago, but I never get the time to do it.
Nice to see this!

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow!
That is a nice thing to do for the community!
I also had this idea a long time ago, but I never get the time to do it.
Nice to see this!

Thank you Eli!

One of the thing I'm really good at is doing Resources, I may as well give back to the community :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got to say that GS_QuestSystem and Gameus QuestSystem are the same,
the only difference between those 2 is that GS_QuestSystem is a improved version
of Gameus QuestSystem, because Gameus gain compability issues where Stailer94
improved that with a new look of the editor, but they work exacly the same.

GS_QuestSystem is more stable for all version, Gamues probably below 1.5.x.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got to say that GS_QuestSystem and Gameus QuestSystem are the same,
the only difference between those 2 is that GS_QuestSystem is a improved version
of Gameus QuestSystem, because Gameus gain compability issues where Stailer94
improved that with a new look of the editor, but they work exacly the same.

GS_QuestSystem is more stable for all version, Gamues probably below 1.5.x.
I only use the GS_QuestSystem.js, the Games QuestSystem I only check it works on the engine, they look the same and similar names but I didn't use it much so it slipped from me for a tiny bit of name difference :(. You right, I will remove the Games QuestSystem since it's an older version of the same plugin, thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you'd like, you can add mine to the list as well, and even though it is deprecated and old, I haven't heard of anyone having issues with it (at least not contacted about it) if the issue is serious enough, like unusable, then I'll definitely fix it, I'm not evil :LZSevil:.

Info: Download: https://gitlab.com/FeniXEngineMV/plugins/raw/v1-release/releases/LTN_QuestJournal.js
External Editor: https://gitlab.com/FeniXEngineMV/pl.../plugin_assets/ltn_quest_editor-win32-x64.rar

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you'd like, you can add mine to the list as well, and even though it is deprecated and old, I haven't heard of anyone having issues with it (at least not contacted about it) if the issue is serious enough, like unusable, then I'll definitely fix it, I'm not evil :LZSevil:.

Info: Download: https://gitlab.com/FeniXEngineMV/plugins/raw/v1-release/releases/LTN_QuestJournal.js
External Editor: https://gitlab.com/FeniXEngineMV/pl.../plugin_assets/ltn_quest_editor-win32-x64.rar
Nice! I sew your website and It seems familiar somehow, probably cross by it before but can't point when, probably before I start saving plugins for a game haha, I will definitely add it to the list and check it as well. I see you have many plugins I missed, and that when I taught I check everywhere lol. Thank you!

Edit: Do you have any decimation or help file on how to use the 'External Editor system'? thinking about people who didn't use GUI system before, if not that ok, just wondering.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Our Lore Wizard, Buttercup, just emailed me a draft of one of our in-game lore books, and it's one of my favorites so far. Her books are really bringing a vibrant history to Evergloom!

I've posted it under a spoiler tag called 'A study in 43rd Century Poetry' in our development thread!
Whoops, the corner of my map is as big as GALV's whole demo map xD
wops.PNG
A little more of the CMS. #rm2k #DestinyPatch
QUhhNBK.gif
StarkSnow wrote on DisguisedCrows's profile.
Hello.
Gotta love when RM just decides it's done with existence and closes when you're in an event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirako