Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game update!
Title Screen:
  • Updated the on-screen options (new game, continue, options, shutdown) of the title screen.
Dialogue:
  • Edited, added, and removed certain dialogue in the game. Worked more on adding to and improving the storyline.
Gameplay & Database:
  • Summon animations used to play upon selecting a timing skill--this has been fixed.
  • Silence now affects spells and skills.
  • Equip has been added when in a battle. Now you can equip different weapons and armors in battle.
  • Noticed certain skills were unlocked before having unlocked the previous skill that was needed to unlock it.
  • Changed the scope of some skills.
  • Edited and improved the look of several maps.
  • Adjusted several enemy stats, skills, experience, and gold.
  • HP didn't refresh properly upon equipping and removing an HP Up skill--this has been fixed.
  • If an HP boost item was equipped and then unequipped the player would lose HP each time this was done--this has been fixed.
  • Bug that occurred when using a healing spell on an ally or the user has been fixed.
  • Able to now retry a battle if the result is a game over.
Events:
  • Worked on Gale's event scene to trigger certain dialogue.
  • Added one mage scroll. So now the total number of scrolls for this character is 10.
  • Worked on improving the dialogue for several characters.
  • A certain character now only requires 1 insignia to proceed to the next room; before it was 2.
Graphics:
  • Changed the window skin of the game.
  • Updated the dragon graphic for a certain character.
  • Changed the window opacity to 255 for all screens.

Last edited:

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't updated the game in a while as I think that I've worked out everything that needed fixing (although I could be wrong) but I wanted to move this to the completed games section of the forums. I will contact a moderator and have it moved as soon as possible. Feel free to leave me any comments about the game!

Ryu993

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian,english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I downloaded your file but is corrupted,i repaired and stil corrupted...Please help

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded your file but is corrupted,i repaired and stil corrupted...Please help

Thanks for letting me know! I'll reupload the game to the site. If you could let me know if it's still corrupted when you get a chance.

Edit: I reuploaded the game so it should be fine now (I hope).

Last edited:

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I updated the credit section! I also noticed a typo that's been fixed. I also rewrote some descriptions for items. Aside from that the game is done! I've been thinking of doing a part two to continue the story of QuestBound but I may just hold off on that for the time being.

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the game to Version 1.2!

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: I'm currently reworking the game. I hope to have an updated version for it sometime soon. Stay tuned! :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most posts is your own, like I said before, update the main post, so the thread stay's cleaner :D.
while you last say your version = 1.6.5 and now dropped to 1.2.....

.... anyway, I retry your game when the update is ready, and see how many things are changed.
Also hope more people will give it a try to give feedback :)

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon

I decided to drop it down from 1.6.5 since I figured that was the demo version of the game. I wanted to start from version 1.0 again since this time it would indicate version 1.0 of the completed game. :)

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Post has been updated with new screenshots and info!

Currently looking for playtesters to play parts I and II of this version that I have. As it is incomplete at the moment I think I'll refrain from giving the game a version number. I would consider the first two parts as a demo since I'm looking for feedback on the two and overall exploration, dialogue, and gameplay.

If interested in being a playtester, feel free to PM me and I will send download link.

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Download link is up. I recently finished working on the main story. I test played up to somewhere around the 4hrs mark and I addressed many issues. Hopefully there's little to none remaining, but as of now I'm hoping for feedback on what I have accomplished so far with this reimagining of a game I once had released but wasn't happy with. Thank you for playing if you choose to do so, I appreciate it.

:)

Edit: Current version is 1.0.0

Last edited:

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I thought the game was fairly decent, but I'm afraid I have to abort my playthrough. Not only is the Skybyrd area the worst offender in terms of FPS drop, even worse: When entering the Skybyrd area, the whole game world and save file become FPS-drop-locked. Not even sleeping at an inn or restarting the game can amend this issue. In case you want to see for yourself, my save files are attached. If it was possible to fix my latest save file, that would be ideal, but I'll hold my horses on this one. The game is still technically playable right now, but - of course - it's no fun in this state.

Other (potential) bugs I've found so far:

- It seems the Magical Ring doesn't restore HP (neither during nor outside of battles).

- "Piece #1" and "Piece #2" aren't removed from the inventory after using them.

- Stone Edge Village: Daine needs updated dialogue at the beginning of part III (he repeats his lines from part II at this point, the ones after the party has spoken to him, but before completing Stone Edge Tower).

- It seems visiting the "Wise One" can simply be skipped (acquiring a "Bulpas Lily" and gaining access to the ship can be accomplished without visiting the "Wise One"). Doing that would mean a playthrough without magic skills, though.

- Skybyrd area: Twice the number of Skybyrds can be fought by first disturbing one, then checking the hole, which triggers another fight, even when the Skybyrd guarding the hole has already been defeated (might or might not be intentional).

Attachments

• save.zip
    573.7 KB · Views: 2

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Spermidine

Hi! Thank you for the feedback. I'll look into the above issues and I'll see if I can fix them. I'm not sure why there is a FPS drop once the Skybyrd area is reached but I'll do my best to fix it.

Fixed:

- It seems the Magical Ring doesn't restore HP (neither during nor outside of battles).

The description for the Magical Ring read as HP instead of MP which has been edited.

- "Piece #1" and "Piece #2" aren't removed from the inventory after using them.

- Stone Edge Village: Daine needs updated dialogue at the beginning of part III (he repeats his lines from part II at this point, the ones after the party has spoken to him, but before completing Stone Edge Tower).

- It seems visiting the "Wise One" can simply be skipped (acquiring a "Bulpas Lily" and gaining access to the ship can be accomplished without visiting the "Wise One"). Doing that would mean a playthrough without magic skills, though.

There'll be a forcefield if you try to enter the required area to go to if you haven't spoken with the wise one yet.

- Skybyrd area: Twice the number of Skybyrds can be fought by first disturbing one, then checking the hole, which triggers another fight, even when the Skybyrd guarding the hole has already been defeated (might or might not be intentional).

The Skybyrds can no longer be interacted with except for the one Skybyrd guarding the chest.

When entering the Skybyrd area, the whole game world and save file become FPS-drop-locked. Not even sleeping at an inn or restarting the game can amend this issue. In case you want to see for yourself, my save files are attached. If it was possible to fix my latest save file, that would be ideal, but I'll hold my horses on this one. The game is still technically playable right now, but - of course - it's no fun in this state.

I think I may have fixed it since it seems to be fine on my end now.
Edit: I've uploaded a new version of the game to the websites in the download link.

Last edited:

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks, I'll check out the new version once it's available. Meanwhile, I just confirmed that the Skybyrd area was the cause. When loading a save file prior to visiting the Skybyrd area, there isn't any FPS drop. Then I entered the Skybyrd area (this time just entering and immediately leaving instead of fighting) and the permanent FPS drop issue hit again. It's tempting to call the game FPS-Bound at this point. ;)

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Unfortunately, the aforementioned issue persists in version 1.0.1. :( Concerning this cursed Skybyrd map, I suggest you drop everything unnecessary and everything you didn't use anywhere else. Apart from that, I can't imagine why this map causes so much trouble.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Spermidine its weird you have this weird FPS drops while I dont have it.
so I dont know why it happen to you though.

what is your RAM and graphic card driver?
you might need to update those to the latest, using DriverBooster8
you can do that for free, and see if it helps.

otherwise, it would be hard to know where the issue lies.

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The problem isn't the FPS drop on that particular map, especially as it's the only troublesome map in the entire game (up to this point at least). The problem is that once I enter that map, the FPS drop is permanent for the rest of the playthrough on all maps. Something like this happening is an indication that there's something wrong with that map in particular that could affect other players, too, and that it isn't an issue on my end.

Did you even visit the map in question (Skybyrd area) during your playthrough? I'm asking because nothing in your previous posts suggests that you even know which map I'm talking about.
It's even possible that the issue is related to version 1.0.0 (and now 1.0.1) only, since I haven't heard of another player like me who played version 1.0.0 up to this point.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I beat the demo twice after the fix of the barrier, and mine dont drop
the FPS in general.

when I implement a FPS tracker on a game map (tiny tool) it stays steady
on 58-60fps constantly.

so why your fps drops and for the entire game further is unknown,
while I dont have the problem, if I had it, I had report it to him, but it's steady.

Spermidine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, so I'm trying one last time: Normally, the game works fine for me without any FPS drops. The FPS drops only occur when I enter that one particular map (Skybyrd area), but from then on, the whole game lags constantly on every map (even when restarting the game from a save file on which I already entered the Skybyrd area), which means the map is the problem, not my system.

You still haven't confirmed if you entered the Skybyrd area. Thus, I assume you haven't entered/found the Skybyrd area and/or the Skybyrd area wasn't included in the demo version you played. Instead of blaming my system and trying to make me look like a fool, please play through the game's full version and enter the Skybyrd area to see for yourself before publishing another "It works for me, why doesn't it work for you, idiot?" post.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krinalle