Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay well I was being a bit of a internet creeper, you know just browsing around various places. Well I was on Ruruga's Website, and well I came upon a resource that I found quite appealing and well I basically fell in love with it just the problem is, well I don't believe I have seen the style before which would make sense, and I just wanted confirmation that it was unique (Which would be disappointing because if I could I would want all my sprites this style since I (Maybe not others) find it beautiful and very detailed).

Anyway without further a due here is what I am referring to:

grp0612002408.png

EDIT: Also if someone does recognize the style as something else if possible could you point me in the direction of said style, Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Reading your question better (gosh, I need to start doing that first), you are asking if they are unique which may or may not be a good thing? Well, I guess they are unique in that I've not seen them often. They are fantastic sprites, you are right about that. I do feel like I've seen the bases before though, I'm not sure where. Hope that helps some?

Last edited by a moderator:

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Darn I missed your first post, I am somewhat curious as to what you said now.

Anyway, I don't think that it being Unique is bad, its just that if it is Unique that means there will be far less resources in relation to it.

TheHarmp

Non-Profit Mephobiac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Aren't those just RpgMaker XP sprites? (or edits thereof?)
They are indeed beautiful though.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You didn't miss anything. :) I had just read it as you were wondering who did the base or something. So I said I was looking. But that's not exactly what you are saying.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@The Harmp

I have stared at them long enough to determine that they are not Rpg Maker XP and I very strongly Believe they aren't Mack.

Here is an example of the same character he did in XP style:

Comparison.png

@mlogan

I am glad I didn't miss anything of importance I thought maybe you might have said something that may have appeared funny since you didn't read all the way through.

TheHarmp

Non-Profit Mephobiac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
You are absolutely right, that was my bad, they do look a lot like them though

and in my defense, it's been a while since I've seen or worked with XP sprites haha.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Its alright it was a reasonable mistake, I mean I might have called you a bit daft if you thought they were VX or 2k3 Sprites.

(I suppose the only excuse for those would be to have never seen them before but then you would have had no reason to post, so I guess that makes no sense.)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think that's Ruruga's own base, so yes unique sprites.

I'm not sure you're allowed to use these though. I can't seem to find them on his site anymore either.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They are on there but they aren't under the resource section, at the bottom of the page there are month/year tabs that take you to other resources. Either way I really hope your wrong since I really like it, and if it is Ruruga's own base, well then there probably aren't any others.

Sorry if this looks weird using my handheld to post.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, I didn't realize how big those were compared to XP. Yeah, all the resources would like miniature compared to those.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The picture is still there.

Just google

grp0612002408

and you will see it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thanks, I found it. :)

He mentions on this page, that it is a prototype of a new sprite style he's still working on.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah the link leads to Grandma's Reply on this topic. Either way I believe and am sadly disappointed. I do hope Ruruga finishes the Prototype, as it is a sprite style I am most interested in, but since it was almost a year ago he made these, I have doubts that he continued. Either way thank you for helping me with my question.

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I found on the website (i long time ago) the templates, it's weird because it was together with the example.
charadot02.png charadot03.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

RocketKnight, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

It seems the author shared them in 2016, as they weren't using them anymore and found it a waste to keep them hidden. You can share and edit as much as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My today's performance in janitor work was so insane that my colleague suspected I was high on something.
Learning about how trademark works for game titles has given me new understanding about another reason why AAA developers/publishers sometimes reveal new games as "Project XXX" as a working title instead of the actual title. The cutthroat world of trademarks and IP trolls gets rougher every year as the pool of available titles for (legally safe) use shrinks due to the limitations of language.
how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainecakez