KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in my game there is a boss that has the ability to turn all battler's physical attacks thunder elemental, which he absorbs. This includes skills along with standard attacks. I currently have the skill target everyone and give them a "electrified" state which activates the trait "Attack Element: Thunder." Does this trait affect all physical attacks, all attacks in general, or just standard attacks? I want it to affect all physical attacks, including skills other than the standard attack. Does the attack element trait already do this, or is there something else I need to do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The "Attack Element" trait applies to all skills that have their element set to "Normal Attack".

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jules98 Okay, but how do I make a state that turns certain elements into other elements? You never explained how, which is what I was asking. In my game I have 4 physical elements: Physical, Slash, Smash, and Strike. I don't think I have the "normal attack" element in my game, and even if I do I don't think I can just apply it to any skill I want.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The "Normal Attack" element is available for all skills by default. It's the topmost option in the list when selecting a skill element. However, that method won't be useful for you since you're using (multiple) dedicated physical elements.

By default, a skill can only be one element, so you'll need a plugin to change that. One option is Yanfly's Element Core.
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Element_Core_(YEP)
This plugin allows you to set multiple elements for a skill. You'll have to use action sequences for each physical skill to check for the presence of an "Electrified" state and then add the Thunder element to the skill based on that.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the normal attack element would still work. you just need to make sure that all weapon attack skills use normal attack as the element. equipped weapon gives slashing attack element, state gives electric attack element, skill with "normal attack" element would then be a dual element for slashing and electric. then it just comes down to how the game is handeling multi element ruling (which still ends up being controlled by element core plugin).

now i say "all weapon attack skills" here and not "physical attack skills" because some skills like tackle would be a physical attack but the element of the weapon isnt used it would just be a smash element.
element core notetag for multi element skills is only needed for skills that have more then 1 element but are not weapon attack skills, like you might have a skill thats a flaming tornado and the element needs to be both fire and wind. or ice spike spell might be both ice and piercing elements.

to have electrified state effect the element of all weapon attack skills just needs all those skills to have "normal attack" as the skill's element. but if intend for it to effect all the other skills would require action sequence checking for state and adding the element if the state is there.

all weapon attack skills should also have normal attack state in the effect section too.
theres 2 "normal attack" things 1 for weapon element in the skill's element section and 1 for the weapons states in the skill's effects add state section. what good is a poison dagger that cant apply poison right.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Revamped the crew for my VN about thirty times. Only character that's stayed constant has been the fungus character. Guess it really grew on me...
I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:
If there was an award for best game dev procrastination, I'd say 'meh, I'll pick it up tomorrow' >_>
Honestly though, I've been staring at the same half-made map for a while now haha! Ahhh, I'm so tired of mapping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sysce