MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am working on some pixel art for my game, but I am basing it off of an old Nintendo game. If it looks similar, but I make it with some slight variations is that ok as long as I am not ripping the characters/sprites from that game? I just don't want to get some letter randomly from Nintendo or my game shutdown.

numituwi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you're taking the actual sprites and modifying them or tracing them, Nintendo won't do anything to your original work. However, if you're basing it on a property like a few pokemon fangames in the past then they will probably get onto you so keep that in mind.

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright thanks. Yea I am not ripping anything, but working on a game based off of Rampage on the NES. Changing up the sprites, and making my own but using the game concept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokiterus787