Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I hope everyone is well!

Guys, I have a question. Is it possible that a file like a single map, for example, is for some reason corrupted and the maker won't warn you about it? Or will it always warn you about files that it can't read/are corrupted?

My fear is: I have multiple copies of the project, but I need to delete old ones to add the new ones from time to time after a considerable time of development. My fear is that I could replace/save these projects with corrupted/damaged files.

If the maker always warn me about it, then I'll be at easy hahahaha

Thanks for your time, everyone! I wish you all the best!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately I've had this issue before. If the files get corrupted, the maker just tells you that they're unreadable and unable to really do anything about it. I had this happen on VX Ace - not on MV yet, but it was a huge issue with the former.

Keeping multiple copies of your project is an ace idea and I recommend keeping it updated as frequently as possible!

Ztron5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately I've had this issue before. If the files get corrupted, the maker just tells you that they're unreadable and unable to really do anything about it. I had this happen on VX Ace - not on MV yet, but it was a huge issue with the former.

Keeping multiple copies of your project is an ace idea and I recommend keeping it updated as frequently as possible!
But the maker does warn you, right? Like, if I try to open the project it will tell me that a file is corrupted, correct?

My fear is, keeping developing a project with a file that is corrupted without me knowing about it.

If it does warn me, I'll just delete it and get another copy, no worries :)

Thanks for replying!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, yes yes, it will tell you if a file is corrupted - and the file will look very strange too (tilesets aren't loading, characters files are missing) - it's very very noticeable!

Ztron5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, yes yes, it will tell you if a file is corrupted - and the file will look very strange too (tilesets aren't loading, characters files are missing) - it's very very noticeable!
Thank you, my friend! That's what was scaring me hahaha

Thank you for you time, I wish you the best! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!.
Just read the forum rules just for kicks and rule 14 reminds me of this:
150.jpg
I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door instead of just not meeting the requirement to unlock it.
Since we get very close: If you want to enjoy the advent calendar as it is intended, wait til your date and the day in the URL line up, so you have the final day on actual christmas and not the day before... time zones ;3
1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nastyboydima