Question about creating the actual game file for MV.

Spanky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! =D

I've used VX Ace a ton, and I don't know if I'm going insane or not, but I could have sworn that for that software, when you export your actual game, the end result is a single, compressed exe file. And then you have to extract that file to get your game.

In MV, what I'm getting is the fully extracted file. Is there an option to make it a single compressed file, like on VX Ace?

Sorry, I looked around and searched for an answer to this, but didn't see anything. Am I going crazy, or do the two programs deal with game file creation very differently?

I only ask because I'm having a hard time hosting my MV game file. :\

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to use third-party programs to do that - for example the enigma virtual box (see help file) if you want it to keep being a single executable or any setup creator of your choice from the internet.

MV can't create a compressed archive because it needs to be able to deploy to different devices, and such a compressed exe would prevent the other deployment options (for example you need to process the android export through crosswalk to get an android apk file)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rbennin