GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I wanted to map out battle backs for each of my locations, what size should the map be, and what would be the best way to capture the whole map?
This would be set up for MV - thanks in advance for your answers!  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

consolcwby

(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dude, The first thing I would ask is: What is your current game resolution? If it is the default, then check your current battlebacks in explorer - if you right click you'll get the dimensions (I just look down at the bottom when I highlight it, but not everyone has win7 setup like I do). So, when it comes to the map, it should be obvious to use the dimensions DIVIDED BY the tile-set size (16x16, 32x32, or whatever you've got!) And that will tell you how large to make your map! So, let's say you have the default screen size: 816 x 624; and the default tile size is: 48 x 48. So, the size would be: 17 x 13. I don't know how the bbacks render, so if need be, you can always take them into GIMP or whatever your editor, and stretch them out if you HAVE TO! I've only made pictures (for my Rigel game) and they came out looking great at the default rez. So... to reiterate, find out your rez and calc from there!

Good luck my friend! :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the battlebacks need to be larger than your screensize to allow for the screen shake effect of some animations in battle.

The default size for the battlebacks can be found in the help file under asset standards (near the bottom of the help topic list on the left)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So... I work for 8 hours a day, but apparently I'm "too noisy" for people staying home all day and I need to be quiet or they will escalate things. o_O People be dumb.
Had no time to work more on my Redwood tiles yesterday and no time yet still today--But! Somehow found time to make sit health potion props.
Today I learned that George Washington was not the first president of my country, and that there were technically over a dozen presidents before him. My own ignorance astounds me, I mean it always does but the sheer scope of this revelation astounds me. I guess George Santayana really was quite astute when he said:
Currently enjoying FF7 Remake :biggrin:
Day 753: I think im just about ready to finish the planning stage of my game creation and actually start to make it :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyuKino