Question about editing/remixing purchased and RTP music.

thejuice26

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have purchased several bundles of music and while they work just fine in the context of my game, I would like to tweak and change some of them to better fit my game.

Is this okay to do? Is it legal?

Any help or advice I can get is great. Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can edit the entire RTP for personal game use, and even repost the edits for free on this forum (just check the resource section for what others have done)

you cannot sell the edits, and all edits are bound to the same terms as the RTP (which means only usable in an RM engine and so on)

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It all depends on what is written in the EULA. When I look at the Komodo music DLC store pages, they mostly say edit enabled. But as I already wrote, what is allowed and not allowed is always included in the EULA file with the purchased DLC.

thejuice26

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks! I appreciate the responses. It seems like all of the music I purchased allows edits and remixes, which is very nice.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems like all of the music I purchased allows edits and remixes,
Yes, but the repost ability I mentioned above is for the RTP only, you cannot repost purchased DLC.

Sorry, I missed that part of the question with my answer above and want to make sure you understand the difference.

thejuice26

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, but the repost ability I mentioned above is for the RTP only, you cannot repost purchased DLC.

Sorry, I missed that part of the question with my answer above and want to make sure you understand the difference.

I really appreciate you. Thanks for the response.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when I am listening to another instructor teach and I am thinking…I have been doing this for almost 30 years…I know this material…I teach this material…and you are confusing the crap out of me…let alone the students. What the actual $&@#! are you talking about? :eek:
Help me make a choice. Which one makes more sense?
A. Range style 1.pngDiamond shape
B.Range style 2.png Square shape
I created a skill that can only be used if there are enemies within the player's range. When the player's range is 2, which one do you think is more appropriate to describe the range area?
Just once I would like to see some innocent person stumble upon a body in a crime show and instead of scream they sigh and just say, "Found another one."
Can we get like a RPGM VXA Pro edition with all the limits gone!!
I drew @TheoAllen 's Cecilia~

yVLlTmK.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xSeggy