Question about Event Graphic

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by jockoP, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jockoP

jockoP Warper Member

First Language:
    Brasilian
    First post, so i hope it's on the right place.

I got a doubt about Event Graphic, one that i already googled a lot of times...

I have a light pole, and i'm trying to make it's light flash once in a while. I figured out how to make it flash, but when i go select the graphic of the flashing light (it has a 4x4 tile size), it just allow me to select 1 tile out of the 16 needed for the flashing image.

[​IMG]

How can i resize the selection?

Edit: And ah, one more question, can i select more than 1 tile at once to have the same event?

Sry for any english mistakes, Brazilian here o/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  2. jockoP

jockoP Warper Member

First Language:
    Brasilian
    And ah, one more question, can i select more than 1 tile at once to have the same event?

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is XP, right? Character sheets are made up of 16 tiles. When you create a new sprite, you have to have 16 tiles, even if only the first one is used and the rest are blank. It looks to me like you've made a very large sprite with a single image on it. You need to shrink that to 1/4 of its size, then change the canvas size back to what it is now. If your light really does need to be that big, then just set your canvas size to 4 times what it is now, without shrinking the graphic. That will let you have a sprite that's much larger than a single tile, but you'll have to play around a bit to line it up properly - the bottom middle of the sprite will be on the tile the event is on, it is not centered over the event.

Do you mean you want to have several lights all using the same graphic? Yes, you can do this. Just set up one event so it does everything you want it to, then copy and paste it.

(also, take note of the Edit button on the lower right of your post - you should use this to include additional information rather than double-posting, which is against the forum rules)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  4. jockoP

jockoP Warper Member

First Language:
    Brasilian
    In fact i looked for the edit button, but i think i was too blind or tired to find it kk.

Thx for the tip on the first question, it was what you said, 4 times the image size.