CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, there's a lot of RPG games that have a point of the map, like a bridge that you can walk under, or just a random roof that changes it opacity when the player is under it, and returns to normal when the player leaves, i was wondering if it's possible to make it on RPG MV, i tried it using MOG Picture Effect to bind the pic on the map and Region ID commands, and it worked pretty well, but now i was wondering, if i want to make a bridge (in my case i want to make a ramp with things under) this method wouldn't work, is there a way to make it on RPG Maker? also, can you put a picture under the player?? i've already searched it and an user that had the same questioning was only replied with "yeah, is called parallax and you use it on the map menu", but you can do it with actual pictures? i think that's a good way to enrich the maps of the game

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
don't use pictures at all, make the bridge from events using tiles instead of sprites (scroll to the bottom of the sprite list)

it'll be a bit tricky depending on what exactly you do, but basically you move the event-bridge either above or below the player depending on where he is supposed to go.

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
don't use pictures at all, make the bridge from events using tiles instead of sprites (scroll to the bottom of the sprite list)

it'll be a bit tricky depending on what exactly you do, but basically you move the event-bridge either above or below the player depending on where he is supposed to go.
Ok, you didn't understood the picture bridge part, well, instead of text explaining i guess it's better demonstrate with this short gif i did using video editing of what i was planing in this threadSem título.gif

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it weird that i feel overwhelmed from reading codes that i wrote few months ago? Lol.

I dont even know where to continue!:hsad:
Ami
Gosh,I want to Play this Game Again one more again!

Seeing my Own Character & Kannono Once Again!
Tales_of_the_World_Radiant_Mythology_3_JPN_PSP-Coverart.jpg
I've been a bit to depressed to get work done on the game lately. Don't worry, I'll be okay.
LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chymora