Question about importring Iso map from Tiled

JonG

JonG
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[SIZE=12pt]I am building an isometric RPG game. The maps or floors or rooms look much like Diablo I and Diablo II. I have tall thin walls that span several grid blocks,, floors and objects that lie on the floors. My maps are currently in two forms as PSD comprised of hundreds of layers and as Tiled maps from the map maker Tiled, Can I get the Tiled maps imported into RPG maker MV? If I can how do I handle the draw order so that things will be behind other things and in front of others as they should be. Am I asking too much of RPG Maker MV should I be looking at Unity to handle this level of complexity? I look forward eagerly to your response. If you need to see a tile map first I can supply such material. [/SIZE]

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a tiled-plugin to allow importing and using maps made with TileD, but I don't know if it supports isometric maps.

As an alternative, you can use a PNG of the photoshop picture as a parallax (search for tutorials on parallax mapping to learn how that can be done), but again this is mostly used for non-isometric maps. And it will require you to use regular grid-passability on the map even if it is isometric in view.

JonG

JonG
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DO you know the name of this plugin? 

Flattening the map to just an image is probably a no go since each room has a bit of stuff in it that should be negotiated around.  I briefly looked at the  parallax stuff and if I put say a crate on another level  so that it is say in front of the character what happens when he/she walks around the crate and is in front of the crate?

JonG

JonG
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
IF you are referring  to the  TilelD plugin no it doesn't appear to work in iso.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I hope your life going smoothly. I wish you do not find difficulty today. It's time to take action. Wish everyone take a break from the usual emotional intensity of social media and simply enjoy the sunshine and light conversation with others. Take action when you see that things are flagging.
okay, i experimented with some more fonts, let me know if theyre easier to read and if you have a preference!

Hiatus; Still doing my best to get employed. :hwink:
Finally took the plunge and got myself MV. Time for some productivity!
Not more Goblins but variations of the Irish Merrow this time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celesh