Leon95s

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, nice to be part of the community I'm also very excited to start my first serious project! :rock-right:

So my first post ever here and it's already a question, maybe someone can help? :)
I was wondering if I create a map where all the stuff should happen in the game, but if I want to change it sometimes to Days / Nights / Winter / Summer etc
Is it ok to complete 1 map, copy it and then change the double and switch between maps or is there another solution? If I use my method, would the events start all over again or do they keep track of what happened in the previous version of the map?

I used RPG makers before and have a little experience but that was a looooong time ago and now I have something in Mind

Big thanks in advance

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only one map and its events is ever in memory, all other maps are reloaded when the map is entered.
So unless you're limiting your game to a single map, the events will reset.

and even on a single map, part of the events will stop due to anti-lag features - autonomous movement will stop as soon as an event is far enough outside the screen to be invisible to the player.
So you can't expect the structure to be kept, but have to use switches/variables and common events to keep track of time.

That said, there are solutions but each of the possibilities has its own advantages and disadvantages, and you would have to tell us more of your game before we can even guess which way would be the best for you.

Leon95s

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Last edited:

Leon95s

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only one map and its events is ever in memory, all other maps are reloaded when the map is entered.
So unless you're limiting your game to a single map, the events will reset.

and even on a single map, part of the events will stop due to anti-lag features - autonomous movement will stop as soon as an event is far enough outside the screen to be invisible to the player.
So you can't expect the structure to be kept, but have to use switches/variables and common events to keep track of time.

That said, there are solutions but each of the possibilities has its own advantages and disadvantages, and you would have to tell us more of your game before we can even guess which way would be the best for you.

Hi Andar
thanks for the quick feedback.
Yeah sorry for the lag of infos..
So basicly i want to build a city and the whole game should take place there ,there will be of course separate maps such as : bars, shops, houses etc. these are separate maps and i understand how to change the events there.
But i would like to change the design in the Main map that would be the city itself as you progress trough game, like having winter, summer, etc... tough the story goes on but the idea would be to have some missions available the whole time so thats why i ask...

for example we have the default map (summer and sunny) and after 10 missions , the player returns to the same map nad now its 3 months later and its autumn and rainy, but aome uncompleted side missions should be available and some not anymore and so on and so on..

Is it better to split the districts as own maps or whats the easiest way?

Sorry for the complex question but i want to be sure what to do before i start and do something i should not :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you have a seasonal tileset, this is easy - you don't even need multiple maps but change the tileset.

seasonal tilesets are sets of four identical tilesets in the four seasons. for example on every C-sheet the first tile is a tree, but one tree in bloom, one normal, one with brown leaves and one snow-covered. And that through every tile available.

I think there are at least two such tileset-sets in the Degica shop, but I think there are also some available for free - I just don't have any links.

Leon95s

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you have a seasonal tileset, this is easy - you don't even need multiple maps but change the tileset.

seasonal tilesets are sets of four identical tilesets in the four seasons. for example on every C-sheet the first tile is a tree, but one tree in bloom, one normal, one with brown leaves and one snow-covered. And that through every tile available.

I think there are at least two such tileset-sets in the Degica shop, but I think there are also some available for free - I just don't have any links.

Great, thats what i wanted to know.
Thanks a lot i will serch for it :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neikoku