Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Fellas,

A little question:
What is the best (and most "RPG" compliant) way to create our interior maps, with the outside walls or without?

WITH :
Captura1.PNG

WITHOUT :
captura2.PNG

Sometimes, people are letting the outside walls and other makers are removing them.
A preference?

Thanks for your advices !

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's definitely a preference. Use whichever one you think looks best for your game :LZScheeze:

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both look good but if you go for the walls I would add a door and try to make the outside wall look like it does outside the house as much as you can.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Avery actually did a tutorial about interior mapping and mentioned all the different possible styles for walls.

But yes, it's a preference. Just make sure you stay consistent in your game.

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
It's an aesthetic choice. A.k.a. Preference.

Same as making houses bigger from the inside or making them the exact same size from the outside. Though there's actual functional reasons for picking one or another.

In leaving outside walls visible, for example, your maps will become slightly taller, but you might like the extra detail.

You can also make other stuff like imagine the dissection and remove the front walls completely (leaving the player 100% un obscured), or instead leaving the top obscuring part when you get close to bottom, as if the viewer is like looking from the top by removing the roof from a dollhouse.

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok thanks for your advices, i think i will finally use the "Without wall" method.

As @Rugman said..." I would add a door and try to make the outside wall look like it does outside the house as much as you can "
-> and that could be more complicated : some elements from outside tiles are not available for inside tiles and the number of layer is limited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knife77