Question about music start and stops

Blastphamy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking to add a song to the boating part of my game but with a little twist. Adding the song works fine, but since it's a song with lyrics, I was wondering if there was anyway to have the song pause when leaving the boat and restart when entering the boat again. Is there a plugin or idea out there that might help?

Thanks

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Resources' is where people who have made resources that they want to share with others can post them. "How do I...?" questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

Kanissey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mean you want the music stop if the player is outside and the music begins from the beginning if you go inside? If it is so, you can make an Event that lets the music fade out,it´s on the 2nd event page under audio & video, i usually do 3 seconds. It doesn´t sound good if you let the music stop suddenly. And if you have added background music in the boat map settings, everytime you go in there music plays and when you leave music fades away. If not, can you send an picture?

Last edited:

Blastphamy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not exactly Kanissey. I wanted the song to start when i entered the boat. Then essentially pause if and when the boat is exited. Then when the boat is boarded again, have the song pick up where it left off. Not sure if its possible :)
thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->
cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rag1993