question about Program

gozaloellin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I have a question: "what is the difference between RPG Maker VX Ace and RPG Maker MV?"
Thanks!

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A lot. Although similar, they are two very different engines. From resolution to the language used. So much I prefer to recommend some links:

What's the Difference?
Improvements over VX Ace
VX Ace or MV
MV vs VX Ace

Anyway, remember: each version has its strengths and weaknesses. There is no one that is better overall over the others (Except in the cases of 2k3 and Ace which are enhanced versions of 2000 and VX, respectively). The best option depends on your project. The language you plan to use, the mapping style, resolution, and the ways you plan to distribute. I still use Ace and 2k3 myself and they work very well for my choices. :D

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're new to the RPG Maker softwares I would recommend to pick up RPG Maker MV. It's the latest RPG Maker version out there currently. VX Ace and MV aren't that different, but they have some slight differences. Unless you absolutely want a certain feature that's unique to VX Ace, I would suggest MV.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker VX Ace is the older version with Frontal view Battle system. RPG Maker MV is the Newest version which supports built-in Sidebattle system. Also, VX Ace is a lot simple to use while MV would seem a little more complex if you are New to RPG Maker Software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rynkal