question about Program

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by gozaloellin, Nov 27, 2019.

1. gozaloellin

gozaloellin Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I have a question: "what is the difference between RPG Maker VX Ace and RPG Maker MV?"
    Thanks!

2. Faherya

Faherya The Knight of the Sad Figure Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A lot. Although similar, they are two very different engines. From resolution to the language used. So much I prefer to recommend some links:

What's the Difference?
    Improvements over VX Ace
    VX Ace or MV
    MV vs VX Ace

Anyway, remember: each version has its strengths and weaknesses. There is no one that is better overall over the others (Except in the cases of 2k3 and Ace which are enhanced versions of 2000 and VX, respectively). The best option depends on your project. The language you plan to use, the mapping style, resolution, and the ways you plan to distribute. I still use Ace and 2k3 myself and they work very well for my choices. :D

3. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're new to the RPG Maker softwares I would recommend to pick up RPG Maker MV. It's the latest RPG Maker version out there currently. VX Ace and MV aren't that different, but they have some slight differences. Unless you absolutely want a certain feature that's unique to VX Ace, I would suggest MV.

4. Black Pagan

Black Pagan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    RPG Maker VX Ace is the older version with Frontal view Battle system. RPG Maker MV is the Newest version which supports built-in Sidebattle system. Also, VX Ace is a lot simple to use while MV would seem a little more complex if you are New to RPG Maker Software.