Question about Resource Packs

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by adam4landry, May 7, 2015.

1. adam4landry

adam4landry Veteran Veteran

Hi everyone i have no idea if this the right place to post my question here well anyway my question is that can i use multiple Resource Packs to create my game for exemple say i want to create a future modern game so i want to use the futuristic tiles resource pack, modern day tiles resource pack, Ds resource pack, Ds+ resource pack and Ds+ Expansion - retro scifi resource pack to create my game would that be recommended :unsure: :unsure: ???

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nope wrong place. Moved to Product Discussion and Support.

Yes, you could use them all together. The DS tiles are in a different style though, so I wouldn't use them with the ones intended to match Ace's RTP style.

3. Haydeos

Haydeos The Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I recommend using whatever graphics are needed for your game, as long as they're properly credited and you're allowed to use them.

and remember that more resources means a bigger file size, so only import the stuff that you'll actually use.

4. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah mixing different styles only works in pretty specific cases, for example it's a lot easier to get ds+ character sprites working with futuristic tiles than a more extreme case like say... high fantasy with the rtp.

You best bet is to identify which packs use which art style (pixel, painted, rtp etc) and use those packs together and then, start experimenting when you feel it's necessary/you're ready.

AwesomeCool likes this.
  5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  6. adam4landry

adam4landry Veteran Veteran

Hmmmm..... i see so the DS tiles are a big no no :| to combine with futuristic tiles resource pack and modern day tiles resource pack other than that the futuristic and modern day tiles would work great with one and a other.