JurassicDude

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone!

Well, i had many years using RPG Maker and i played some commercial games made with it, my question is:

In quality terms, it's possible to sell games using the resources that came with the main software and the dlc's?

You would buy a game made with that assets?

Thank you. :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no problem using the RTP and there have been successful commercial games made from them, but you need to use them in a good way.

There are too many broken and abandoned games made by hobby-developers with the RTP so you have to stand out in some way to get your game sold.

Please search the forum - there have been topics with that same questions in the past, and they give better answers and more info on that.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The RTP resources are quite lovely when used properly. A lot more matters to me, personally, then what resources you're using.

That being said, you'll probably find a lot of people here who wouldn't - we've seen them a lot and for some they are overused or a sign of a newbie. But for the most part, the people on this forum aren't your target audience. Outside of here, you'll find most people won't know what is default graphics and what aren't.

If you are going to used then though, I suggest looking around the forums here, especially the screenshot thread, and seeing what people count as good and bad. The RTP is versatile and in the right hands can be wonderful! But it can also be used really wrong and result in some very ... Well it's easy to fall into rookie habits.

Also, take the time to learn how to edit your tiles. I'm not talking anything big; even something as simple as layering two bushes together or putting a flower on a stump can seperate you from the standard graphics.

flamerunner4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just saw this topic and i thought of one game made mainly of rtp tiles, "The last dream" is the game i was thinking of look it up on steam if you want. It is one of the best rpg maker games and one of the most successful rpg maker games.

the last dream.jpeg

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ngl i feel like im morbin out
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laminated_paper