Question about resources

Discussion in 'VNMaker Support' started by animesock52, Feb 12, 2018.

1. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I feel silly for asking (sorry if its already been asked), but I like being extra sure when it comes this stuff. From what I understand we can use RPG Maker resources in VN Maker. Is that exclusive to the rtp resources that comes with the rpg makers themselves or can we also use resources specifically made for rpg maker as well?

I am looking to buy some music packs. However, after reading the pages I noticed this information and wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. The store pages note "Please note that our graphic and music packs are licensed for use in RPG Maker only!" I want to be sure before doing any purchasing that I can actually use it. O_O

Sorry for the bother.

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Most of those were made before VNMaker even came out, so they'd have no idea to mention it. Still, probably best if @Archeia or @Lunarea answer this. I imagine the answer is yes you can, but wait for them to reply just in case the DLC set some special terms of use.

3. animesock52

First Language:
    English
    I felt like it could be a yes too, but yeah thats exactly why I felt I needed to ask. Better safe than sorry O_O

4. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Hello!

In general, Visual Novel Maker falls under the same blanket terms as RPG Maker series. So, yes, you should be able to use the majority of DLC without issue. If you're still not sure about a specific pack, please do feel free to send us a support ticket and we can go over it with you in detail. :)

5. animesock52

First Language:
    English
    I see. I appreciate the help. I'll take a close look through the packs and try to decide what I will definitly get and then work on maybe getting more info.