Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does the steam version of RPG Maker 2003 have the same compression bug the steam version of 2000 has with it not compressing the game file? If so has this been fixed in the steam version?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is that compression bug?

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I said what the bug was. In RPG Maker 2000 steam version when you select create game disc to compress it, it doesn't compress. Does the steam version of RPG Maker 2003 have this problem too?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I said what the bug was.
You did say it, but I asked anyway, because I'm none the wiser what it is - both my Steam RMs function without any troubles, regarding both installation file creation and even its' actual filesize compression.
So the answer is, either this bug has been fixed even in RM2000 or it's not an universal bug. Or the third option is, you corrupted your project's compressability by overwriting the RPG_RT.exe.
In fact, RM2000 and 2003 work in such a way that alien files are ignored - if RPG_RT is overwritten, the compressability is corrupted. Or if you copy some files directly instead of through Resource manager, the Create game disk feature will ignore them.

Last edited:

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
In fact, RM2000 and 2003 work in such a way that alien files are ignored - if RPG_RT is overwritten, the compressability is corrupted. Or if you copy some files directly instead of through Resource manager, the Create game disk feature will ignore them.
That is not true - only extra files in the root directory are ignored (including save files). It compresses the known resource folders, all map????.lmu files, RPG_RT.lmt, RPG_RT.ldb, RPG_RT.exe, RPG_RT.ini and ultimate_rt_eb.dll (for RM2k3).

If you overwrite any of those (if the filename stays the same) or add files into the resources folders, still everything is fine.

Regarding the bug this thread is about, I remember this was a problem in the first Steam release and was fixed right in the next update.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. Good to know :)

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you. I was wondering, because I cannot buy the stand alone legal English version of RPG Maker 2003 yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanaya07