Status
Not open for further replies.

cribboy9

Chuck Norris
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello guys this is my very first post and i just started using RPGMVX ACE a few days ago and iv been teaching myself new stuff while also looking at youtube tutorials.

recently i tried to make a smithy In my up coming game "Ethors Revenge" with an NPC behind a counter who will give you the options to buy weps and stuff, i know how to do the shop processing, dialogue, choices and what not but im having a really annoying problem:

if i set the npc 1 tile behind the bar and my main character reaches in front the bar i press the action button nothing happens.

But if theres no bar it works fine......I watched a youtube vid on how to make a shop and the guy's shop was just as mine with the NPC behind an *un-passable* counter and when he pressed the action key they would talk.

Please help me with this cuz im being mind *&^^@ the priority is set to "same as character" which is where it was originally, i even tried setting it to above character but still same outcome Pics:

This is how the PC would have to be then pressing the action key in order to get the options

NPC event page its default.

Genii Benedict

Supervillain, Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think, if you move the event to the counter, it would work? No? I don't think you need the NPC to have the event on them.

Zayber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think, if you move the event to the counter, it would work? No? I don't think you need the NPC to have the event on them.
That would work, but it is kinda weird how it won't work for him when I set it up the same way.

Genii Benedict

Supervillain, Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That would work, but it is kinda weird how it won't work for him when I set it up the same way.
I don't know what it does, but does the fact that he doesn't have "Through" checked mean anything?

Zayber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know what it does, but does the fact that he doesn't have "Through" checked mean anything?
Nope. I just set up a table, did the quick event Inn. It looks the same exact way and I can still talk from across the table.

Super Galaxy Convoy

Supreme Commander
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
go to tilesets in the Database and click on Counter, after that, set the tables to a diamond. This will allow you to start an event without being next to it.

Rapu

One foot in grave, the other in hell.
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I bet you have just tinkered the tileset. Check your tileset from database and make sure your counters have these "diamond" symbols on them:

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Last edited by a moderator:

cribboy9

Chuck Norris
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you guys a bunch! that fixed my problem.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Latest member to OcRam -plugin suite: OcRam_Layers! Optimized parallax layers (for parallax mapping?) + dynamic layers which can be used in title-, battle and map scenes!
People convinced me to use my old graphics for this new project, i guess i can't run away from blender just yet. https://gyazo.com/2a105847c042bb78c6d4919ec1308660
10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ninnaeis