SinfulPride

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So basically I wanted to know how I would go about doing this.

I have a skill that's physical and a person who is immune to physical attacks, but if the attacker has a specific state, it will add another element (or change?) And be able to attack the defender.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
all elements are separate, so if you add an attack element to a skill against a defender that has a defense against that element, both cancel out (or, process accordingly, add or subtract).

if you add a state to the attacker with the property "attack element", that element transfers to the attack, whatever the attack is, so IT carries over to the defender, and is processed accordingly as if it came from the attacker, regardless of the attacker's origin for elements.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could make its element as "Attack Element" then have your state add the Trait "Attack Element". Take note though that this can also affect the elment of Skill #1 (Attack skill) because its set to use the Attack Element by default.

if you add a state to the attacker with the property "attack element", that element transfers to the attack, whatever the attack is

Actually nope, it only affects skills that are set to use "Attack Element" or whatever it is called in the element list (afaik this is the first element in the list). Any skill that uses an actual element does not get affected by the Trait.

SinfulPride

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could make its element as "Attack Element" then have your state add the Trait "Attack Element". Take note though that this can also affect the elment of Skill #1 (Attack skill) because its set to use the Attack Element by default.

Actually nope, it only affects skills that are set to use "Attack Element" or whatever it is called in the element list (afaik this is the first element in the list). Any skill that uses an actual element does not get affected by the Trait.

Thank you, with this and looking at multiple element plugin by yanfly, with a combo of the 2 I got this to work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got sick and had to take a few days off work in order to get tested and make sure it wasn't the big one. Felt a lot better today and thought to myself, "Hey now, I can't get tested until tomorrow anyway, I can get so much character art done today!"
....I watched Youtube and browsed this site for hours instead.
>.>
But at least I'm doing the art now! Yaaaaay.......
1638314262144.png
Didn't wanna spam the feed by posting Denzel's spritelayer separae, but I'm real happy with how this concept is coming along so wanted to share it, innit :D
EVXA wrote on Avery's profile.
Not sure how often you take time to play the games sent to you, but if you could give my game a shout & review on steam maybe that would be amazing, only if you like the game of course, I'd love to know which games have been your favorites over the years too.
I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.
Praise be to the game make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luphelia