SinfulPride

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So basically I wanted to know how I would go about doing this.

I have a skill that's physical and a person who is immune to physical attacks, but if the attacker has a specific state, it will add another element (or change?) And be able to attack the defender.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
all elements are separate, so if you add an attack element to a skill against a defender that has a defense against that element, both cancel out (or, process accordingly, add or subtract).

if you add a state to the attacker with the property "attack element", that element transfers to the attack, whatever the attack is, so IT carries over to the defender, and is processed accordingly as if it came from the attacker, regardless of the attacker's origin for elements.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could make its element as "Attack Element" then have your state add the Trait "Attack Element". Take note though that this can also affect the elment of Skill #1 (Attack skill) because its set to use the Attack Element by default.

if you add a state to the attacker with the property "attack element", that element transfers to the attack, whatever the attack is

Actually nope, it only affects skills that are set to use "Attack Element" or whatever it is called in the element list (afaik this is the first element in the list). Any skill that uses an actual element does not get affected by the Trait.

SinfulPride

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could make its element as "Attack Element" then have your state add the Trait "Attack Element". Take note though that this can also affect the elment of Skill #1 (Attack skill) because its set to use the Attack Element by default.

Actually nope, it only affects skills that are set to use "Attack Element" or whatever it is called in the element list (afaik this is the first element in the list). Any skill that uses an actual element does not get affected by the Trait.

Thank you, with this and looking at multiple element plugin by yanfly, with a combo of the 2 I got this to work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
POLk7