Question about SumRndmDde's HUD MAKER

cub36

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to have a text piece in HUD maker return different texts based on the value of a variable.
For example I have a variable for the characters temperature set up and want to display it as a word on the HUD.
It is a simple system where if the variable = 0, then the character is at a comfortable temperature and i would like to display that on the HUD as "Comfortable".
This would also need to be able to change for all my different "heat" states.

I'm assuming there is a simple piece of java script I can insert into the text bar of HUD Maker to have this happen.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm a total java rookie.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something like this should do the trick.

Code:
(tempVar >= 150) ? "Hot" : (tempVar <= 50) ? "Cold" : "Comfortable"

cub36

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something like this should do the trick.

Code:
(tempVar >= 150) ? "Hot" : (tempVar <= 50) ? "Cold" : "Comfortable"
Thanks Frogboy.
I'll try it out tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usagiis