taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lyseth No one was calling you incompetent. Zeriab was merely pointing out a resource that may help you phrase what you need in a way that others can understand. It's not a problem unique to you and as such, hardly an insult.

As for your issues with the plugin, posting in the thread is perfectly fine. Last time I requested help with a plugin, the help didn't come from the author anyway, but rather a fellow user of said plugin. By posting a question there, the worst thing you lose is a few minutes of your time and effort. If that is not worth it to you, then that is no one's problem save your own.

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lyseth: what all people are saying to you is: no one can help you because no one still understands what kind of problem you are trying to solve... infact you never explained in detail what is exactly the issue you had, even if we reached two page of topics full of people who asked you to give more details...
But, still now, you never replied.

It is a situation like this one:
You go to a doctor because you feel not good, but you only say to the doctor "I'm not feeling good", without saying anything else.
Than the doctor will ask you what kind of problem you have with some common questions:
- "do you feel some pain somewhere?", "where?", "If it is a pain, can you say how intense is it from 1 to 10?"
- "How many times the issue happens? it is the first time it happens, you experienced it in the past?
- and other similar questions (I am not a doctor, I am imagining the most obiouvs questions you could be asked if you only say "I'm feeling bad" without any other detail).

But, if you don't answer to any of that question, how can the doctor help you to feeling better?

We are facing a similar situation here: no one is a mage or a fortune teller; no one can figure what kind of help do you actually need to solve if you refuse to explain what is your problem.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to be offensive or rude to you, and I'm very sorry if I appeared to you offensive or rude for any reason.
I only summarized two pages of topics where all people try to mark you the same problem: lack of informations to be helpful in any way.

Well calling me incompetent
I didn't see any kind of insults you stated. I totally agree with @taarna23

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lyseth: what all people are saying to you is: no one can help you because no one still understands what kind of problem you are trying to solve... infact you never explained in detail what is exactly the issue you had, even if we reached two page of topics full of people who asked you to give more details...
But, still now, you never replied.

It is a situation like this one:
You go to a doctor because you feel not good, but you only say to the doctor "I'm not feeling good", without saying anything else.
Than the doctor will ask you what kind of problem you have with some common questions:
- "do you feel some pain somewhere?", "where?", "If it is a pain, can you say how intense is it from 1 to 10?"
- "How many times the issue happens? it is the first time it happens, you experienced it in the past?
- and other similar questions (I am not a doctor, I am imagining the most obiouvs questions you could be asked if you only say "I'm feeling bad" without any other detail).

But, if you don't answer to any of that question, how can the doctor help you to feeling better?

We are facing a similar situation here: no one is a mage or a fortune teller; no one can figure what kind of help do you actually need to solve if you refuse to explain what is your problem.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to be offensive or rude to you, and I'm very sorry if I appeared to you offensive or rude for any reason.
I only summarized two pages of topics where all people try to mark you the same problem: lack of informations to be helpful in any way.

I didn't see any kind of insults you stated. I totally agree with @taarna23

It was the mod with the bird icon, also I asked "is it possible to set up a system where the friendship with an actor can drop AND raise, by using this script"

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I asked "is it possible to set up a system where the friendship with an actor can drop AND raise, by using this script"

To which @Kes (the "mod with the bird icon") and I both replied that it can be done simply from reading the first few lines of the plugin thread in a few seconds.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lyseth "...the mod with the bird icon" has a name.

I think people thought you were answering Zeriab as it was his post that you quoted in your reply. I did not call you incompetent, what I said was that
The second possibility is that this plugin is beyond your competence to use. No shame in that, a lot of people find some plugins/scripts too difficult for them to use
That is very different. Most people have a ceiling on what they can do with many activities. That does not make them incompetent, it makes them human, as we all have limitations.

To pick up on your reply to Unqou, you specify that you asked if the friendship can drop AND raise by using this script. You were told that it could. To make this absolutely clear, here is the section from the plugin where it tells you that, and tells you how to do it.
Code:
* ============================================================================
 * How to Increase Friendship Points
 * ============================================================================
 * There are 3 methods to increase or decrease Friendship Points. The easiest
 * method is using plugin command. With plugin command, you can increase or
 * decrease actor's Friendship Points by certain amount.
 * AFS Gain x Friend y Leader z   // Increase actor y's FP towards Leader z
 *                                // by x amount.
 * AFS Lose x Friend y Leader z   // Decrease actor y's FP towards Leader z
 *                                // by x amount.

I shan't bother to quote the other 2 ways, they are for skills and items and for being active in battle.

The point is that the plugin tells you explicitly that it can do what you want, so either you did not read it, or you do not understand what this is saying. If you don't understand it, you need to tell us exactly what you don't understand so that it can be explained. People cannot read your mind to know what your difficulty is.

And the other piece of information that people have been asking for is about your overarching query, the very first line in your opening post.
Does anyone know how exactly to set this up?
We do not know what your problem is about setting it up, because you have not told us. We do not know what you have tried, nor we do not know what configurations you want. You have not told us. We cannot guess.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection
Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie
The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oddRABBIT