Question about Window_ShopStatus and displaying more actors

lucofthewind

Suikoden FanBoy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Basically what I am trying to do is edit the Window_ShopStatus to display six actors in the windows, instead of 4.

Things I have already tried:

~ So far I have changed line 57-62:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Number of Actors Displayable at Once
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def page_size
return 4
end

Having the 4 change into a 6. This kinda worked as now five actors are being displayed in the window.

~ Removed displaying "possession" hoping the text (as in actor's names) would just move up to the top of the window, but it did not.

~ I've tried removing the text of the armor already equipped to the actor to make room for more names, but that didn't seem to work either. There are still huge spaces between names (is it possible to remove that?)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What is your screen resolution? If it is 544x416 then perhaps changing it to 640x480 will help. I have a few scripts that I use in my game and I get up to 8 players at 640 resolution. I actually dropped one of my characters because the shop only showed 8.

lucofthewind

Suikoden FanBoy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello and thanks for replying. I'm pretty sure I am at 640 by 480, but I will double check!

Edit:
~ So I just checked, and indeed I do. :(
~ Looking over the script I can tell it uses Window_ShopStatus directly, as changing the display number there increased it in the shop menu as well (but only up to 5).
~ Does anyone smarter than me (not hard) know how to even lower the font size in Window_ShopStatus to fit everything?

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you have any scripts for the shop? I don't remember if it is yanfly or blackmorning that gives me the larger numbers.

lucofthewind

Suikoden FanBoy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello!

After messing around with the Window_ShopStatus, it turns out i just need to comment out like 23 and 24 to get everything to line up. Thanks for helping thou!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan